Join the Organic Revolution! Union Minister Amit Shah introduces ‘Bharat Organics,’ a game-changer in the organic farming landscape.
Launching ‘Bharat Organics’
In a significant move towards promoting organic produce, Union Minister Amit Shah inaugurated the ‘Bharat Organics brand, a venture of the National Cooperative Organics Limited (NCOL).
The momentous event occurred during the National Symposium on ‘Promoting Organic Products through Cooperatives’ in New Delhi on November 8, 2023.
NCOL’s Vision and Initiatives
Under the visionary leadership of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, the National Cooperative Organics Limited (NCOL) was approved by the Union Cabinet on January 11, 2023.
With the aim of boosting profits for organic farmers and streamlining the entire supply chain, NCOL covers a spectrum of activities, including aggregation, certification, production, testing, procurement, storage, processing, branding, packaging, labeling, and marketing of organic products.
Highlights of the Symposium
- Six organic products, including tur dal, chana dal, sugar, rajma, basmati rice, and Sonamasoori rice, were unveiled under the ‘Bharat Organics’ brand.
- These products will be available at 150 Mother Dairy’s Safal outlets and various online platforms.
Retail Outlet Network
- Embracing the “Organic Under One Roof” concept, a retail outlet network for all organic products was initiated.
- By December 2023, NCOL aims to introduce 20 organic products, channeling the benefits directly to the farmers.
NDDB Soil Limited Website Launch
- Amit Shah also launched the website of the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) Soil Limited, a subsidiary focused on manure management and organic fertilizer produced from the NDDB’s Varanasi biogas plant in Uttar Pradesh.
The NOCL Promoters
The National Cooperative Organics Limited, established under the Multi-State Cooperative Societies Act (2002), boasts the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) as its chief promoter.
Collaborating in this transformative initiative are other stalwarts like the National Cooperative Consumers’ Federation of India Ltd (NCCF), Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd (GCMMF), National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd (NAFED), and National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC).
‘Bharat Organics’ is not merely a brand; it symbolizes a movement towards sustainable agriculture, empowering farmers and revolutionizing the organic produce market. With a robust plan, visionary leaders, and the support of cooperatives, India takes a giant leap towards a greener, healthier future.
More Schemes and Campaign