Dear Hardworking Aspirant 😊
Welcome to the latest update on airport-related current affairs for the year 2023. This post covers the topic “Airport in News” in which we listed the most important one-liners about recent developments in the aviation industry.
In this dynamic landscape, airports continue to capture headlines, shaping the way we travel, connect, and experience the world. From groundbreaking expansions to innovative technologies, join us as we delve into the most significant developments that are making waves in the aviation industry.
Whether you’re a frequent flyer, an aviation enthusiast, or simply fascinated by the ever-evolving realm of travel, our comprehensive coverage of the latest airport happenings is sure to keep you informed and engaged, especially while preparing for competitive exams such as SSC, RRB, CDS, UPSC, and any state-based tests. Let’s embark on a journey through the buzzing terminals of Airport News in this year’s captivating saga of growth, transformation, and global connectivity.
Airport in News: Top Airport-Related Current Affairs August 2023
▪ McDonald’s India has opened the first airport drive-thru restaurant in India in Mumbai. It is located near Terminal 2 of the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport and is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This is the first McDonald’s restaurant in Mumbai to be open 24×7.
▪ Guwahati’s Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport became the first airport in the northeast to get ‘Digi Yatra’ facility.
Airport in News: Top Airport-Related Current Affairs- June-July 2023
▪ The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has issued an aerodrome license for
the Naini Saini Airport in Uttarakhand.
▪ Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi became the first airport in the country to have four runways and an elevated taxiway.
▪ PM Shri Narendra Modi has inaugurated the new integrated terminal building of the Veer Savarkar International Airport in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
▪ PM Shri Narendra Modi has inaugurated Gujarat’s first greenfield airport in Rajkot district.
Also see: All National Current Affairs
Airport in News: Top Airport-Related Current Affairs- May 2023
▪ Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport (LBSI) in Varanasi has become the first airport in India to offer a reading lounge for passengers.
▪ Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad was ranked the most punctual airport in the world in March 2023 by aviation analytics firm Cirium.
Airport in News: Top Airport-Related Current Affairs- April 2023
▪ Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) in Delhi has recently been ranked as the ninth busiest airport in the world by Airports Council International (ACI).
▪ The foundation for the Greenfield Bhogapuram International Airport in Andhra Pradesh is scheduled to be laid soon.
Airport in News: Top Airport-Related Current Affairs- March 2023
▪ Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi has been ranked among the cleanest airports in Asia-Pacific by the Airport Council International (ACI).
▪ Biju Patnaik’s renovated Douglas DC-3 ‘Dakota aircraft has been unveiled for public viewing at the Bhubaneswar airport.
▪ Changi Airport, Singapore has been named the “world’s best airport” in the “World Airport Awards 2023” by Skytrax.
● Skytrax World’s Top 10 Airports for 2023
- Singapore Changi Airport
- Hamad International Airport
- Tokyo International Airport (Haneda)
- Incheon International Airport
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
- Istanbul Airport
- Munich Airport
- Zurich Airport
- Narita International Airport
- Madrid-Barajas Airport
▪ Renaatus Projects (Chennai) has won a USD 29 million (₹238 crore) contract to expand and upgrade the infrastructure of Gan International Airport, located in Maldives.
Airport in News: Top Airport-Related Current Affairs- February 2023
▪ Recently, PVR Cinemas has launched the Aerohub multiplex, which is “India’s first multiplex in an airport complex”, located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
▪ Union Minister Jyotiraditya M. Scindia laid the foundation stone of Rewa Airport in Madhya Pradesh.
▪ PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the Shivmogga airport in Karnataka.
Airport in News: Top Airport-Related Current Affairs- January 2023
▪ Recently, “Pokhara Regional International Airport” was inaugurated in Nepal.
▪ The Manohar International Airport at Mopa, in Goa, has recently commenced commercial operations.
▪ Recently, Manohar International Airport, Mopa, Goa has been awarded the “Best Sustainable Greenfield Airport” award under Aviation Sustainability and Environment at the ASSOCHAM 14th International Conference for Civil Aviation 2023.
▪ The groundbreaking ceremony for the redevelopment of Hanimaadhoo International Airport in the Maldives was held on January 18, 2023.
▪ Two Indian airports ranked among the top 10 best-performing airports in the world in 2022, according to a recent report by Cirium Aviation Analytics.
Top 10 Airports, According to Cirium
|1||Haneda Airport||Tokyo, Japan|
|2||Kempegowda International Airport||Bangalore, India|
|3||Salt Lake City International Airport||Utah, US|
|4||Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport||Michigan, US|
|5||Philadelphia International Airport||Pennsylvania, US|
|6||Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport||Minnesota, US|
|7||Indira Gandhi International Airport||Delhi, India|
|8||Seattle-Tacoma International Airport||Washington, US|
|9||El Dorado International Airport||Bogota, Colombia|
|10||Charlotte Douglas International Airport||North Carolina, US|