• Recently a cafe named as ‘Cafe positive’ opened in Kolkata, West Bengal.
• ‘Cafe positive’ is the Asia’s first cafe which is run exclusively by HIV positive staff.
• It consists 7 HIV-positive teenager staffs.
• This cafe was inspired by a cafe in Frankfurt which was completely run by HIV positive people.
Aims of the Cafe
• ‘Cafe positive’ is aimed to spread awareness and generate employment for HIV positive people.
• It also provides employment to the people.
• Name of the Cafe – ‘Cafe positive’
• The owner of the cafe – Kallol Ghosh
• Kallol Ghosh is the founder of – Anandaghar NGO
• The NGO works with children affected with mental health and HIV positive people.
• According to Kallol Ghosh, he first opened the cafe in 2018.Now he has plans to come up with 30 more such cafes in Eastern India and have shortlisted 800 people for the training.