Obituary Current Affairs 2022: It is important for various competitive exams such as SSC, RRB NTPC, UPSC, etc. One or two questions can be seen in every competitive exam from the Obituaries section.
What is Obituary
• It is a notice of a death, especially in a newspaper, typically including a brief biography of the deceased person.
Origin of the Word “Obituary”
• The word “Obituary” is borrowed from the Latin word obituārium.
• The word “obituārium” is a noun form of the Medieval Latin word ” obituārius”
• In Latin “obituārius” means “a record or announcement of a death.
• The Latin word “obitu” means “death”.
Check out the month-wise Obituary Current Affairs of 2022.
Obituaries Current Affairs August 2022
|Name of the Personality||Field||Key Points|
|Pradeep Patwardhan||Veteran Marathi actor||Some of his notable films are “Chashme Bahaddar”, “Ek Shodh” and “Mee Shivajiraje Bhosale Boltoy”|
|Anshu Jain||Banking||Deutsche Bank’s former India-born co-CEO|
|Rakesh Jhunjhunwala||Stock market||Veteran stock market investor, known as “India’s Warren Buffett” or the “Big Bull of India”.|
|David McCullough||Author||He won Pulitzer Prizes for his biographies of presidents John Adams and Harry Truman|
|Amitabh Choudhary||Indian Police Service||Former BCCI acting secretary and president of Jharkhand State Cricket Association (JSCA)|
|Narayan||Author||Kerala’s first tribal novelist and short story writer. Author of the novel ‘Kocharethi’|
|Abdul Gaffar Nadiadwala||Flim producer||Produce popular films like “Mahabharata” and hit comedies “Hera Pheri” and “Welcome”.|
|Samar ‘Badru’ Banerjee||footballer||Former India football team captain|
|Syed Sibtey Razi||Politician||Former Governor of Jharkhand|
|Abhijit Sen||Economist||Renowned economist and former Planning Commission member.
He was awarded the Padma Bhushan for public service in 2010.
Obituaries Current Affairs July 2022
|Name of the Personality||Field||Key Points|
|Peter Brook||Theatre directors||He brought a stunning nine-hour adaptation of the Sanskrit epic “The Mahabharata” from France to New York in 1987.|
|Tarun Majumdar||Veteran Bengali filmmaker||
◘ Popular Bengali films of Tarun Majumdar
• Smriti Tuku Thak
• Shriman Prithviraj
• Kuheli, Balika Badhu
• Dadar Kirti
• Chander Bari
• He was the recipient of the prestigious Padma Shri Award in 1990.
• He’s the recipient of four National Awards, 7 BFJA Awards, 5 Filmfare Awards, and an Anandalok Award.
|Gandhian P Gopinath Nair||Freedom fighter||• Gopinathan Nair participated in the Quit India Movement of 1942 and worked with Vinoba Bhava in promoting the Bhudan and Gramdan movements.|
• Shinzo Abe was the former Prime Minister of Japan.
• He was conferred the Padma Vibhushan — India’s second-highest civilian award, in 2021.
|Mohammad Barkindo||Secretary General||• Mohammad Barkindo was the Secretary General of Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)|
|Jose Eduardo Dos Santos||Politics||• Former President of Angolan.|
|Brijendra Kumar Syngal||Telecommunications||
• Former chairman of Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited (VSNL)
• Father of the Indian Internet.
• Unofficially known as the ‘bulldozer’
• He was conferred with___
• Padma Shri in 2020.
• Ekushey Padak in 2016.
• Bangladesh Swadhinta Padak (highest civilian award) in 2020.
|Monty Norman||British composer||• He compose a theme for the first James Bond film, ‘Dr. No’ released in 1962.|
• Former New Zealand cricket captain.|
• Biography : In Pursuit of Excellence- The Barry Sinclair Story
|Nirmal Singh Kahlon||Politics||
• Shirommani Akali Dal Leader
• Former Punjab Speaker
|Bhupinder Singh||Singer||• He has sung many songs like Hoke Majboor Mujhe, Usne Bulaya Hoga’, with Mohammed Rafi, Talat Mehmood, and Manna Dey, ‘Dil Dhoondhta Hai’ and ‘Duki Pe Duki Ho Ya Satte Pe Satta.|
|Dr Ajay Kumar Parida||Scientist||• Director of the Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar
• He was awarded the Padma Shri Award in 2014
|Anant Yashwant Khare||Writer||
• Marathi writer Anant Yashwant Khare, also known as Nanda Khare.
• In 2010, he received Bhai Madhavrao Bagal Award for his book ‘Kahani Manav Pranyachi.
• Most noted books ‘Antajichi Bakhar’ & ‘Udya.
|Bob Rafelson||Film Industry||• Bob Rafelson, co-creator of ‘The Monkees’ and Director of the film ‘Five Easy Pieces’.|
|Sushovan Bandyopadhyay||Doctor||• Sushovan Bandyopadhyay famous as Bengal’s ‘Ek Takar Daktar’ (one rupee doctor).
• He was awarded the Padma Shri in 2020.
|Balwinder Safri||Punjabi singer||• Popular tracks of Balwinder Safri ‘O chan mere makhna’, ‘Pao Bhangra’, ‘Gal Sun Kuriye’, ‘Nachdinu’.|
|Atulananda Goswami||Assamese writer||• He was awarded the Sahitya Academy award for his novel ‘Seneh Jorir Ganthi’ in 2006.
• Other notable works : ‘Namgharia’, ‘Rajpaat’, ‘Polatok’ and ‘Ashray!