Defence Current Affairs 2023 covers all Current Affairs related to various Defence News, Defence Exercises, Defence Acquisitions and Government Policies on Defence. Defence Current Affairs are asked in almost all exams including UPSC, Civil Services, NDA, CDS, CAPF, SSC, Railways, Banking, IBPS and all other competitive exams of India
Defence Current Affairs February 2023
▣ Navratna Defence PSU Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL) has signed an MoU with Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) for the domestic manufacture and supply of its Long-Range Artillery Weapon System (LORA) for the Indian Tri-services.
▣ North Korea recently demonstrated the intercontinental ballistic missile HWASONG-15.
▣ The Indian Air Force has developed an innovative solution ‘Vayulink’ that would aid pilots in dealing with bad weather and also provide jammer-proof uninterrupted communication with the base station.
▣ Drone startup Garuda Aerospace has unveiled its solar-powered drone “SURAJ”, designed specifically for surveillance operations, at Aero India 2023.
▣ Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd has received the Indian Technical Standard Order (ITSO) authorisation from (DGCA) for its indigenously developed Cockpit Voice Recorder and Flight Data Recorder.
Defence Current Affairs One-Liners
▣ PM Modi Inaugurates Asia’s Largest Helicopter Manufacturing Facility In Karnataka’s Tumakuru.
▣ The Indian Army has become the world’s first major armed force to operationalise high-density SWARM drones, which were delivered by the Bengaluru-based start-up, NewSpace Research.
▣ Union Home Minister Amit Shah has presented the President’s Colour to Haryana Police in recognition of its exceptional service.
▣ In line with the expanding military cooperation with South East Asian nations, an Indian Navy Kilo-class conventional submarine, INS Sindhukesari, docked in Jakarta, Indonesia, for the first time.
▣ The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) will hold its Raising Day function in the Bastar district of Chhattisgarh.
▣ India, Seychelles sign pact on information sharing in maritime security.
▣ INS Sumedha participated in the Naval Defence Exhibition called the NAVDEX and International Defence Exhibition called the IDEX conducted in Abu Dhabi recently.
▣ India signed an agreement with Mauritius in January 2022 to export the ALH Mk3 helicopters to the country.
▣ The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) day is celebrated its 47th Raising Day on 1st February 2023.
Joint Military Exercise
▣ India-US exercise TARKASH’ concluded in Chennai
▣ Indian Army carries out military exercise Trishakti Prahar in Bengal
▣ Indian Air Force to participate in Exercise Desert Flag VIII in UAE
▣ The 2023 edition of the biennial training exercise DUSTLIK will be held in Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand.
▣ India and Japan have kick-started an exercise ‘Ex Dharma Guardian’ at Camp Imazu in Shiga Province, Japan.
▣ The Cobra Warrior Exercise is to be held at the Waddington Air Force Base in the UK in March 2023.
Defence Current Affairs January 2023
Person In News Related to Defence
▣ Captain Surbhi Jakhmola of the Indian Army’s 117 Engineer Regiment will be the first woman officer to be posted on a foreign assignment at the Border Roads Organisation (BRO).
▣ Captain Shiva Chauhan from the Corps of Engineers has been posted at a frontline post in Siachen Glacier, in the first such operational deployment of a woman Army officer.
▣ The first female fighter pilot in the Indian Air Force (IAF), squadron commander Avani Chaturvedi, will participate in the inaugural air exercise Veer Guardian 2023 (India & Japan)
▪ India successfully test-fired the tactical ballistic missile Prithvi-II from the Integrated Test Range, Chandipur, Odisha coast.
▪ Missile Name- Prithvi-II ▪ Type - Surface-to-surface short-range ballistic missile (SRBM) ▪ Operational Range - up to 5000 kilometres ▪ Payload Capacity - one-tonne ▪ Developed by - Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) of India ▪ Developed Under - Integrated Guided Missile Development Program (IGMPD)
▪ Defence Ministry Approves Proposals Worth Rs 4,276-cr for HELINA Anti-Tank Guided Missiles Air Defence Systems.
▪ Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) cleared the proposal for procurement of the VSHORAD (IR Homing) missile system.
▪ Missile Name- VSHORAD (IR Homing) ▪ Type - short-range, surface-to-air missiles ▪ Operational Range - 8 kilometres. ▪ Launch Vehicle - Man-portable air defence system (MANPADS) ▪ Developed by - Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) of India ▪ Developed Under - VSHORAD (Very Short-Range Air Defence System) programme.
▪ Fifth Kalvari class submarine INS Vagir inducted into Indian Navy
▪ Built by the Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) Mumbai ▪ Built under collaboration with M/s Naval Group, France.
▪ Under SPRINT Scheme Indian Navy to Get Autonomous Weaponised Boat Swarms.
▪ Tata Boeing Aerospace Limited (TBAL) has delivered the first fuselage for six AH-64 Apache attack helicopters ordered by the Indian Army from its state-of-the-art facility in Hyderabad.
▪ Indian Coast Guard (ICG) ship ‘Kamla Devi’ the Fast Patrol Vessel (FPV) which is designed, built, and delivered by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) Ltd to Indian Coast Guard was commissioned in Kolkata, West Bengal.
▪ The Indian Defence Ministry of India has initiated the procurement of 100 additional K9-Vajra tracked self-propelled howitzers.
▪ These howitzers are manufactured in India by Larsen & Toubro (L&T) using technology acquired from South Korean defence company Hanwha Defence.
▪ Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) has announced the launch of Low Smoke Superior Kerosene Oil (SKO) for the Indian Army in Jammu.
▪ The Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) has developed an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) to carry out logistics operations along the Himalayan border.
▪ The DRDO-developed UAV is capable of flying in the Himalayan Environment with 5kg of payload and even dropping bombs in the areas required.
Defence Current Affairs One-Liners
▪ Indian Army Organised Cyber Threat Seminar cum Workshop “Sayanya Ran Kshetram 2.0.
Objective – To seek solutions to operational cyber challenges and to jump-start and telescope the development time for innovative solutions in the field of Cyber Security.
▪ PM Modi released special ₹ 75 Coins on the Occasion of the completion of 75 years of National Cadet Corps (NCC) at the Delhi NCC Event
▪ BSF organises ‘Ops Alert’ exercise to step up security along the India-Pakistan border.
▪ On the occasion of Chillai Kalan in the Kashmir Valley, 44 Bn CRPF organized a function “Jashn – e – Chillai Kalan” at HMT Complex, Zainakote, Srinagar..
▪ India will deploy a platoon of women peacekeepers to UN Mission in Sudan.
▪ This will be India’s largest single unit of women Peacekeepers in a UN Mission since it deployed the first-ever all-women contingent in Liberia in 2007.
▪ Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) Headquarters in New Delhi has marked the 65th Foundation Day of the Organisation, which is celebrated on 1st January every year.
▪ Air Marshal A P Singh has been appointed as the new Vice Chief of the Indian Air Force. He will succeed Air Marshal Sandeep Singh.
Joint Military Exercise
▪ For month-wise Joint Military Exercise 2023 List Click Here
Defence Current Affairs January 2023 PDF