Discover the latest current affairs on Drone in News 2023. Drones are becoming increasingly popular and are being used for a variety of purposes, including surveillance, delivery, and agriculture. In 2023, there have been many news stories about drones, both positive and negative.
On the positive side, drones have been used to deliver medical supplies to remote areas, monitor wildlife, and help with disaster relief. For example, the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has successfully conducted a trial run of blood bag delivery by drones. The trial was conducted in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
On the negative side, drones have also been used for illegal activities, such as drug trafficking and smuggling. In addition, there have been concerns about the safety of drones, as they can be easily crashed or used to cause harm.
Despite the challenges, drones are a rapidly growing technology with the potential to revolutionize many industries. In this blog, we will explore the latest news and trends in the drone industry, and discuss the potential impact of drones on society.
Here are some of the specific topics that we will cover:
- The use of drones for surveillance and security
- The use of drones for delivery and logistics
- The use of drones for agriculture and farming
- The use of drones for disaster relief and rescue
- The challenges and risks associated with drones
- The future of the drone industry
We hope that this blog will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the latest news and trends in the drone industry. We also hope to spark a discussion about the potential impact of drones on society.
Check Out All Current Affair Related to Science and Technoogy
Drone in News 2023, Latest CA on Science and Technology January to July
▪ The Greater Chennai Police has launched India’s first “Police Drone Unit” for aerial surveillance. The unit has nine drones that will be used to monitor traffic, crime, and other law enforcement activities.
▪ An elephant image shot at Anamalai Tiger Reserve (ATR) in Tamil Nadu has emerged as the winner in the Wildlife category of the Siena Drone Photo Awards 2023. The image was captured by photographer Suresh Tharayil.
▪ India’s Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) has approved a $3 billion deal for the purchase of 30 MQ-9 Reaper or Predator B drones from the United States. The drones will be used for surveillance and reconnaissance purposes.
▪ The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has successfully conducted a trial run of blood bag delivery by drones. The trial was conducted in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
▪ Kerala has become the first state in the country to have a drone surveillance system in all police districts in the state. The system is being used to monitor law and order, traffic, and other activities.
▪ Garuda Aerospace has launched the surveillance drone named “Droni”. The drone is equipped with a high-resolution camera and can be used for a variety of purposes, including surveillance, mapping, and inspection.
▪ Union Bank of India (UBI) has partnered with Garuda Aerospace to provide drone loans to farmers. The loans will be used to purchase drones for agricultural purposes, such as crop monitoring and spraying pesticides.
▪ India’s first 5G-enabled drone, Skyhawk, has been developed by IG Drones. The drone is equipped with a 5G modem and can be used for a variety of purposes, including communication, surveillance, and delivery.
▪ The biggest drone show in India, comprising 3,500 indigenous drones, will be held during the Beating the Retreat ceremony on January 29 2023. The show will be held at Rajpath in New Delhi.
▪ The D4 (Drone Detect, Deter, and Destroy system) anti-drone system will be showcased at Aero India 2023, Bengaluru. The system has been developed by the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO).
▪ Drone Destination has signed an MoU with IIT Patna to open Bihar’s first government-approved drone training hub in Patna. The hub will provide training on the use of drones for a variety of purposes.
▪ Mahanadi Coalfields Limited (MCL) has introduced drone technology in coal mines by launching a web-based portal “VIHANGAM“. The portal will be used to monitor the mines and identify potential hazards.
▪ Skye Air has launched India’s first traffic management system for drones “Skye UTM”. The system will help to ensure the safe and efficient operation of drones in the airspace.
▪ NewSpace Research and Technologies has delivered the world’s first Fully Operational SWARM Drone System to the Indian Army. The system consists of a swarm of 100 drones that can be used for a variety of purposes, such as surveillance and reconnaissance.
▪ The Indian army has successfully tested the prototype version of the PALM-400. The PALM-400 is a drone attack system that can be used to target enemy positions.
▪ North Korea has tested a nuclear-capable underwater attack drone “Haeil”. The drone is capable of carrying a nuclear warhead and can be launched from a submarine.
▪ Iran has unveiled the car-launched suicide drone “Meraj-532”. The drone is designed to be used in urban warfare and can be fitted with explosives.