Welcome to our blog post on “First in India Current Affairs 2023.” In this blog, we’ll explore and celebrate the remarkable achievements, innovations, and milestones that have made India proud by being the first in various fields.
From groundbreaking discoveries to historical appointments, join us in discovering the incredible “firsts” that are shaping India’s future. Read the full article to learn about India’s first initiative such as India’s first Graphene Innovation Centre established in Thrissur, Kerala.
First in India Current Affairs 2023 [January to December]
First in India Current Affairs, October 2023
- India’s first 5G training labs and applications were launched in the health sector in all eight North Eastern States by the Minister for Development of the North East Region.
- India’s inaugural solar roof cycling track was inaugurated in Hyderabad.
- The country’s first high-tech sports training center for Divyangjan was inaugurated by the Prime Minister in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh.
- Udaipur is in the race to become India’s first-ever wetland city.
- The Bureau of Indian Standards approved India’s first indigenously developed Alternating Current (AC) and Direct Current (DC) Combined Charging connector standard for Light Electric Vehicles (LEVs).
- Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) set up India’s first liquid nano di-ammonia phosphate (DAP) plant inaugurated by Union Minister Amit Shah in Kalol, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri launched India’s first domestically produced Reference Fuel, developed by Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL).
First in India Current Affairs, September 2023
- India’s first private company to develop a high-resolution aerial drone-based Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) system is GalaxEye.
- India’s first dedicated OPD (Outpatient Department) for Transgenders was inaugurated at Dr. RML Hospital.
- India’s first green hydrogen fuel cell bus was flagged off by the Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas Hardeep Singh Puri in Delhi.
- Senco Gold & Diamonds has launched India’s ‘first virtual jewelry showroom’ on the metaverse, called ‘Sencoverse.’
First in India Current Affairs, August 2023
▪ Telangana launched India’s first Agricultural Data Exchange (ADeX).
▪ Manipur is developing India’s first National Sports University.
▪ India’s first Indigenous E-Tractor, CSIR Prima ET11, was developed by Durgapur’s Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI).
▪ Kerala opened India’s first AI school. [Read More]
▪ Sanchi became India’s first solar city. [Read More]
▪ Hitachi Payment Services launched India’s first UPI ATM.
First in India Current Affairs, July 2023
▪ Greater Chennai Police forces launched India’s first “Police Drone Unit” for aerial surveillance.
▪ The commercial operations of India’s inaugural indigenously developed 700 MW nuclear power reactor at the Kakrapar Atomic Power Project (KAPP) have commenced. Situated in Gujarat, this marks a significant milestone in India’s nuclear energy sector.
▪ India’s first Vedic-themed Park “Ved Van Park” has been inaugurated in Noida.
▪ India’s first F-oodle (Google Doodle honoring Indian food) celebrated the Indian food Pani Puri.
▪ OPPO India has collaborated with NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission to launch India’s first-ever Atal Tinkering Lab, based on the PPP (Public-Private Partnership) model in Kerala.
▪ INS Trishul conducted India’s first-ever Joint Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) surveillance with Tanzania.
▪ Aditya L1 mission is India’s First Solar Mission.
▪ India’s first-ever Construction Innovation Hub (CIH) has been established in Kerala.
▪ The National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) has cleared the sale of Lavasa, India’s first private hill station in Maharashtra, for Rs Rs.1,814 crore.
▪ India’s first Atal Incubation Centre (AIC) in fisheries will be established in Kerala.
First in India Current Affairs, June 2023
▪ India’s first carbon-neutral village is a step towards a more sustainable future, and it is being built in Bhiwandi Taluka, Maharashtra.
▪ MV Empress, India’s first international cruise vessel, recently made its maiden voyage from Chennai to Sri Lanka.
▪ Greater Noida will host India’s first MotoGP racing event in September 2023.
▪ India’s first ‘Sahiwal’ breed calf born through surrogacy, named Padmavati.
▪ PM Shri Narendra Modi has inaugurated India’s first facility to produce rare earth permanent magnets in Visakhapatnam.
▪ India’s first Women’s Kabaddi League 2023 will be held in Dubai.
▪ Air India Express Airlines has operated India’s first all-women Haj flight.
▪ Recently, India’s first 100% Dimethyl Ether (DME) fuelled tractor/vehicle has been developed by IIT, Kanpur.
▪ Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) became the first Oil Marketing Company in India to conduct a pilot study on vehicles utilizing E27 fuel and Ethanol Blended Diesel Fuel.
▪ MRF became the first Indian stock to touch the rupee one lakh per share mark.
▪ Guwahati Railway Station became the first Railway Station under the Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) to get the “Eat Right Station” certificate from FSSAI.
First in India Current Affairs, May 2023
▪ India’s first undersea twin tunnels are being constructed in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
▪ India’s first International Multimodal Logistics Park is being developed in Jogighopa, Assam.
▪ India’s first Neo Metro will be constructed in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
▪ Tide, a fintech company based in the United Kingdom, has collaborated with Transcorp International Limited, MCT Cards & Technology Pvt. Ltd., and the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to introduce India’s inaugural recycled Polyvinyl Chloride (rPVC) Rupay card.
▪ Kerala has achieved the milestone of becoming the first fully e-governed state in India by effectively digitizing various government services.
▪ Kerala has recently established the first-ever digital university in India, called the Kerala University of Digital Sciences, Innovation, and Technology, commonly known as Digital University Kerala (DUK). With an investment of Rs 1,500 crore, this groundbreaking initiative, located in Thiruvananthapuram, aims to foster a knowledge-based society and economy by promoting e-literacy.
First in India Current Affairs, April 2023
▪ India’s first solar-powered tourist boat “Sooryamshu” has been launched in Kerala.
▪ NSE Indices Limited has launched India’s first-ever Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) and Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs) Index.
▪ India’s first underwater metro trial run was conducted in Kolkata.
▪ India’s first animal birth control training center will be set up in Lucknow.
▪ India’s first mobile BSL-3 laboratory named as RAMBAAN (Rapid Action Mobile BSL3+ Advanced Augmented Network)
▪ India’s first village on the Indo-Myanmar border, Avangkhu in Nagaland, has received its first visit from a central minister, L Murugan.
▪ The Raisen district in Madhya Pradesh, which houses the famous world heritage site of Sanchi, is poised to make history by becoming the first solar city in India.
First in India Current Affairs, March 2023
▪ Assam has become home to the first Compressed Bio Gas (CBG) plant in the North East region, with its foundation stone being laid recently.
▪ India’s first short-haul coastal container feeder service has started between Chennai and Puducherry.
▪ In a first for a foreign university, Deakin University from Australia will establish a campus in India at GIFT City in Gujarat.
▪ India’s first government mother milk bank for Orphan children was started by Uttarakhand.
▪ NTPC Limited has installed India’s initial air-cooled condenser at the North Karanpura thermal plant located in Jharkhand.
▪ India’s National Centre for Biological Sciences, Bengaluru has developed India’s first and only DNA vaccine candidate for Dengue.
▪ India’s first electric pilgrimage corridor is being developed in Uttarakhand.
▪ India’s first PM Mega Integrated Textile Regions and Apparel (PM MITRA) Park will be established in Virudhunagar, Tamil Nadu.
▪ India’s first National Centre of Excellence in Green Port & Shipping (NCoEGPS) in Gurugram, Haryana has been inaugurated.
▪ India’s first quantum computing-based telecom network link has been operationalized in New Delhi.
First in India Current Affairs, February 2023
▪ Recently, India’s first glass igloo restaurant has been opened in Jammu and Kashmir.
▪ India’s first ring metro corridor is being constructed in Delhi, which will be completed by 2024.
▪ Recently, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation announced to launch of India’s first virtual shopping app for the metro “Momentum 2.0”.
First in India Current Affairs, January 2023
▪ India’s First Festival of Inclusion, Purple Fest kicks off in a glorious ceremony in Goa
▪ India’s first ‘Centre of Excellence’ in online gaming will be set up in Shillong, Meghalaya.
▪ NTPC launches India’s First Green Hydrogen Blending operation in the piped natural gas (PNG) network of its Kawas township in Surat, Gujarat.
▪ India’s first underwater Metro Services to be Operational by December 2023. (Kolkata, West Bengal)
▪ Indian Railways to introduce India’s first Hydrogen Power Trains on Heritage Lines.
▪ Vidisha (Madhya Pradesh) becomes the first-ever district in India for the on-ground deployment of innovative 5G use cases offered by startups
▪ Startup firm IG Drones has developed India’s first 5G-enabled drone namely ‘Skyhawk’ that is capable of vertical take-off and landing (VTOL).
[PDF] "India's First" in News 2022, Latest Current Affairs - Visit Page 2