▪ CV Ananda Bose has expressed his admiration for the Bengali language and intends to write a book in it.
▪ The Governor of West Bengal, CV Ananda Bose, will participate in a traditional ritual called “hatekhori” during the upcoming Saraswati Puja celebration on January 26.
Bengal Governor in News
▪ Shortly after assuming office, the governor of West Bengal, CV Anand Bose indicated his desire to learn Bengali in order to write a book in the language.
▪ He will participate in a traditional ritual called “hatekhori” during the upcoming Saraswati Puja celebration on January 26.
▪ The ritual of Hatekhori is a widely observed event that takes place during the festival of Saraswati Puja, particularly in the state of West Bengal.
▪ The hathekhori ritual will be performed at Raj Bhavan.
▪ “Governor Bose is deeply influenced and inspired by West Bengal, its rich culture, and Bangla. He has expressed his interest to learn the language. On the auspicious occasion of Saraswati Puja, he will have hathekhori,” the official told PTI.
▪ Governor Bose has publicly stated his admiration for the Bengali language and has referred to himself as an “adopted son” of West Bengal. He has written a number of books in English, Malayalam, and Hindi, including genres such as short stories, novels, poems, and essays, totaling around 40 publications.
What is ‘Hatekhori’ ?
▪ ‘Hatekhori’ is a highly popular Hindu ritual that is performed during the festival of Vasant Panchami or Saraswati Puja, particularly in the state of West Bengal.
▪ The traditional ritual of “hatekhori” is performed by priests before a child begins their education in the Bangla alphabet.
▪ It is believed that during the traditional ritual of “hatekhori”, Maa Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge, blesses all the children who are about to learn their first Bengali alphabet.
▪ The priest consecrates the slate and chalk, and the child, dressed in new clothes, is seated in front of their mother to learn their first Bengali letters (অ, আ, ক, খ / oa aa ka kha). Vasant Panchami, also known as Saraswati Puja, is considered a very auspicious day and it is believed that it brings success.