Dear Aspirants, Explore the month-wise Indian Railway Current Affairs for the year 2024. All railway-related current affairs are provided in a one-liner format. Remember, with numerous news items related to Indian Railways, it may be challenging to recall all for exams. Hence, this blog post covers only the most significant ones.
Railway Current Affairs 2024 ( January to December)
Railway Related Current Affairs January 2024
- The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of an MoU between India and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) under the South Asia Regional Energy Partnership (SAREP) initiative. This collaboration aims to support Indian Railways in achieving its Mission Net Zero Carbon Emission by 2030.
- A significant milestone was achieved in the Bengaluru Sub-Urban Railway Project, where a 31-meter-long, single-span U-girder was successfully cast for the first time in India.
- Indian Railways announced the electrification of a total of 6,577 kilometers of route in the calendar year 2023, showcasing substantial progress in its efforts to modernize and reduce carbon footprint.
- Dun & Bradstreet, in collaboration with Jupiter Wagons Limited, introduced the Indian Railway Freight Activity (IRFA) Index, providing insights into the freight activities of Indian Railways.
- Ms. Aruna Nayar, an Indian Railway Personnel Service (IRPS) Officer of the 1987 Batch and Level-16 empanelled IRMS officer, has been appointed as the Secretary of the Railway Board.
More Railway-Related Current Affairs 2024