• Indian Railways divides its operations into zones.
• Each Zones are further sub-divided into divisions.
• Each Division having a divisional headquarters.
• Currently There are a total of 18 zones (including Metrol Railway, Kolkata) and 70 Divisions on Indian Railway System.
• Previously there are 17 railway Zones in India.
• South Coast Railway zone is the newest zone in India.
• Headquarters of South Coast Railway zone – Visakhapatnam
|1.||Central Railway (C.R.)||Mumbai (Chatrapati Shivaji Termi)|
|2.||Southern Railway (S.R.)||Chennai|
|3.||Northern Railway (N.R.)||New Delhi|
|4.||Western Railway (W.R.)||Church Gate, Mumbai|
|5.||Eastern Railway (E.R.)||Kolkata|
|6.||South-Eastern Railway (S.E.R.)||Kolkata|
|7.||Kolkata Metro Railway||Kolkata|
|8.||South-Central Railway (S.C.R.)||Secunderabad|
|9.||North-East Frontier Railway (N.E.F.R.)||Maligaon (Guwahati)|
|10.||North-Eastern Railway (N.E.R.)||Gorakhpur|
|17.||South-East Central Railway||Bilaspur|
|18.||Southern Coast Railway||Visakhapatnam|