National Civil Service Day 2022: Introduction
• Every year the National Civil Service Day is celebrated on 21 April. The first National Civil Service Day function was held at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi on April 21, 2006.
• The day is dedicated to civil servants of India for their contribution to the public administration.
• The day is celebrated on April 21 as the country’s first home minister, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel addressed the newly appointed Administrative Services Officers in 1947.
• Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel referred to the civil servants as the ‘steel frame of India’.
• Freedom fighter Sardar Patel is known for uniting 562 princely states of Modern India to build the Republic of India.
• On National Civil Service Day, the Prime Minister’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration are also presented.
• The theme for the civil services day 2022 – ‘Vision India@2047 – governance, bringing citizens and government closer’
Best Quotes for National Civil Service Day 2022
Here is the Best Quotes for National Civil Service Day 2022. Every year the National Civil Service Day is celebrated on 21 April.
“We salute our civil servants, the steel frame of India, for their significant contribution and dedication towards nation building.” – Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
“One of the keys to ensuring accountability is to have civil servants who witness fraud, waste and abuse to blow the whistle” – Byron Dorgan
“All the power is within you. You can do anything.” – Swami Vivekananda
“Public service must be more than doing a job efficiently and honestly. It must be a complete dedication to people and the nation.”
“The Civil Servant is primarily the master of the short-term solution.” – Indira Gandhi
“Service without humility is selfishness and egotism.” – Mahatma Gandhi
“With bad laws and good civil servants it’s still possible to govern. But with bad civil servants even the best laws can’t help” – Otto Von Bismark
“A civil servant is sometimes like a broken cannon – it won’t work and you can’t fire it” – George S. Patton
“After a time, civil servants tend to become no longer servants and no longer civil” – Winston Churchill
“The Prime Minister and the chief ministers are one team. The Cabinet Ministers and the State Ministers are another team. The civil servants at the centre and the states are yet another team. This is the only way we can successfully develop India” – Narendra Modi
More Related Topics