This article covers all the latest news related to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, including the launch of new projects and schemes, the foundations of various initiatives, and other important developments. It is designed for those preparing for competitive exams and seeking information on the major activities of the Prime Minister.
PM Modi in News August 2023
▪ PM Modi mentioned Bicharpur village in Madhya Pradesh as “Mini Brazil”.
▪ PM Modi has been conferred with the Lokmanya Tilak National Award 2023.
▪ PM Modi will travel to Johannesburg, South Africa to participate in the BRICS summit 2023.
▪ PM Modi has laid the foundation stone for the redevelopment of 508 railway stations under the Amrit Bharat Station Scheme.
▪ PM Modi has launched the e-portal ‘Bhartiya Vastra evam Shilp Kosh’ developed by NIFT.
▪ PM Modi has laid the foundation stone for the Sant Ravidas temple in Badtuma village, Sagar district of Madhya Pradesh.
▪ PM Modi has announced the provision of drones for women SHGs under the Lakpati Didi Scheme. The government aims to create 2 crore “lakhpati didis” in villages.
▪ PM Modi mentioned Katchatheevu Island located in Palk Strait.
PM Modi mentioned the island in his speech in the Parliament during the no-confidence debate. He asked why the Congress government led by Indira Gandhi gave away the Katchatheevu island to Sri Lanka in 1974.
▪ Greece has conferred PM Modi with “Grand Cross of the Order of Honour”.
▪ PM Modi co-chaired the ASEAN Summit 2023 held in Indonesia.
PM Modi in News July 2023
▪ PM Shri Narendra Modi has inaugurated the 17th Indian Cooperative Congress (ICC) 2023 in New Delhi, under the theme “Amrit Kaal: Prosperity through Cooperation for a Vibrant India”
▪ PM Shri Narendra Modi has launched the National Sickle Cell Anaemia Elimination Mission 2047 in the Shahdol district of Madhya Pradesh.
▪ PM Shri Narendra Modi has inaugurated the Sai Hira Global Convention Centre in Andhra Pradesh.
▪ Recently, PM Shri Narendra Modi used the Ol Chiki script of Santhali languages on the occasion of Hul Diwas.
▪ Recently, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has named “Amrit Kaal” as Kartavya Kaal.
▪ PM Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the bottling plant of the Indian Oil Corporation with a capacity of 60,000 metric tons per annum in the Korba district of Chhattisgarh.
▪ Shri Narendra Modi was honored with the Lokmanya Tilak National Award 2023.
▪ Recently, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has been conferred with the Grand Cross of the Legion of Honour by France.
▪ Recently, Prime Minister Narendra Modi gifted Sandalwood Sitar to French President Emmanuel Macron.
▪ PM Shri Narendra Modi has inaugurated the new integrated terminal building of the Veer Savarkar International Airport in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
▪ PM Shri Narendra Modi has inaugurated Gujarat’s first greenfield airport in Rajkot district.
▪ Recently, PM Shri Narendra Modi launched Sulphur sulfur-coated Urea named “Urea Gold” in Rajasthan’s Sikar district.
PM Modi in News June 2023
▪ PM Modi chaired the 22nd summit of the SCO Council of Heads of State in a virtual format.
▪ PM Modi has inaugurated Uttar Pradesh’s first land port “Rupaidiha Land Port” in Bahraich.
▪ PM Modi has inaugurated India’s first facility to produce rare earth permanent magnets in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
▪ PM Modi has appreciated the ‘Nutri Garden Project’ in Lakshadweep Islands.
▪ PM Shri Narendra Modi led the 9th International Day of Yoga celebrations for the first time abroad in New York. The theme of the International Day of Yoga was “Yoga for Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam.”
▪ PM Shri Narendra Modi has presented an eco-friendly lab-grown diamond (LGD) as a gift to US First Lady Jill Biden. It is produced in Surat. LGDs are synthetic diamonds produced in laboratories, possessing the same chemical composition and physical properties as naturally occurring diamonds.
▪ PM Shri Narendra Modi gifted an eco-friendly lab-grown diamond (LGD) to US First Lady Jill Biden, which was produced in Surat. LGDs are synthetic diamonds created in laboratories that possess identical chemical composition and physical properties as naturally occurring diamonds.
▪ PM Modi has been conferred the highest civilian honor “Order of the Nile” by Egypt.
◘ Till date PM Shri Narendra Modi has received the 13th highest state honors • Companion of the order of Logohu: Papua New Guinea • Order of Abdulaziz Al Saud: Saudi Arabia • Legion of Merit: In 2020 by then-United States President Donald Trump. • Companion of the Order of Fiji • Order of the Druk Gyalpo: Bhutan • King Hamad Order of the Renaissance: Bahrain • Order of St Andrew the Apostle: Russia • Grand Collar of the State of Palestine Award • Order of Zayed Award: United Arab Emirates. • Order of the Distinguished Rule of Nishan Izzuddin: Maldives • State Order of Ghazi Amir Amanullah Khan: Afghanistan • Ebakl Award by the Republic of Palau • Order of the Nile: Egypt
▪ PM Modi has flagged off five Vande Bharat Express trains from Rani Kamlapati railway
station, Madhya Pradesh.
PM Modi in News May 2023
▪ PM Narendra Modi has virtually commissioned 91 Low Power FM Transmitters of a capacity of 100 watts.
▪ To commemorate the 100th episode of the “Mann ki Baat” program by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, an exhibition titled “Jana Shakti” was held at the National Gallery of Modern Art, New Delhi.
▪ PM Narendra Modi will be the guest of honor at France’s traditional military parade, held during Bastille Day on July 14.
▪ PM Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate the International Museum Expo 2023 in New Delhi.
▪ PM Narendra Modi has laid the foundation of the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory – India (LIGO-India) in Hingoli Maharashtra.
▪ Recently, PM Narendra Modi visited Shrinathji Temple in Nathdwara, located in Rajasthan.
▪ PM Modi will flag off Odisha’s first Vande Bharat Express from Puri.
▪ PM Modi attended the Group of Seven (G7) Summit 2023, held in Japan.
▪ The third in-person Quad leaders’ meeting (India, USA, Japan, Australia) has also been rescheduled to Hiroshima Japan from Sydney, Australia.
▪ Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to travel to Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, where he will host the third summit of the Forum for India-Pacific Islands Cooperation (FIPIC). This visit marks the first-ever visit by an Indian prime minister to Papua New Guinea.
▪ Recently, Papua New Guinea has honoured PM Shri Narendra Modi with the “Companion of the Order of Logohu”.
▪ PM Modi has released the Tamil classic “Thirukkural” in the Tok Pisin language. Tok Pisin is the official language of Papua New Guinea.
▪ Recently, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will install a “Sengol” (the symbol of the transfer of power) in the new Parliament Building. Historically, it was a traditional practice during the rule of the Chola Dynasty.
▪ PM Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone of the “Little India” gateway to be built in Harris Park in Australia, Sydney.
▪ Recently, PM Modi unveiled the commemorative coin of Rs. 75 denominations to mark the inauguration of the new
▪ Recently, PM Narendra Modi flagged off North East’s first Vande Bharat Express train from Guwahati, Assam.
▪ PM Modi has inaugurated India’s new Parliament building. It is designed by Bimal Patel.
PM Modi in News April 2023
▪ PM Narendra Modi attended the Combined Commanders’ Conference-2023, held in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
Theme: Ready, Resurgent, Relevant
▪ France has invited Indian PM Narendra Modi as a guest at the annual Bastille Day parade.
▪ Rajasthan’s first Vande Bharat Express has been inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, which will link Ajmer and Delhi.
▪ PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Guwahati, Assam.
▪ Prime Minister Narendra Modi has flagged off Kerala’s first Vande Bharat Express train, which will operate between Thiruvananthapuram and Kannur.
▪ PM Narendra Modi flagged off India’s first water metro in Kochi, Kerala.
▪ Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the 20th anniversary celebration of Gujarat’s SWAGAT initiative, which was launched to address grievances by applying technology.
▪ PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the Namo Path, Devka Seafront at Daman.
▪ PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the sixth edition of One Earth One Health – Advantage Healthcare India 2023 in New Delhi.
PM Modi in News March 2023
▪ PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the 8th edition of the Raisina Dialogue 2023 in New Delhi. It is organized
by the Ministry of External Affairs and Observer Research Foundation (ORF).
● Theme: Provocation, Uncertainty, Turbulence: Lighthouse in the Tempest
▪ PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the 3rd Session of the National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction
(NPDRR) in New Delhi.
● Theme: Building Local Resilience in a Changing Climate
▪ PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the world’s longest railway platform of 1.5 kilometres at Sri Siddhaarooda
railway station of Karnataka.
▪ PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the Global Millets (Shree Anna) Conference 2023 in New Delhi.
▪ PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated the new International Telecommunication Union (ITU) Area Office and Innovation Centre in New Delhi.
▪ PM Narendra Modi has launched the “Call Before u Dig” (CBuD) app. It is an initiative of Ministry of Communications.
▪ PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the Whitefield (Kadugodi) to Krishnarajapura Metro Line in Bengaluru.
PM Modi in News February 2023
▪ PM Narendra Modi has released a commemorative specially minted coin of Rs 75 denomination commemorating 75 successful years of the National Cadet Corps (NCC).
▪ Narendra Modi participated in the Krishnaguru Eknaam Akhanda Kirtan for World Peace, held in Assam.
▪ PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the India Energy Week (IEW) 2023 in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
▪ PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Hindustan Aeronautics Limited’s (HAL) new helicopter manufacturing facility in Tumakuru, Karnataka.
▪ PM Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone of South India’s 1st Industrial Corridor Project, “Tumakuru Industrial Township project and the Industrial Corridor Programme”, in Karnataka.
▪ PM Narendra Modi has launched a pilot for ‘E20’ fuel at the ‘India Energy Week’ 2023.
E20 fuel refers to a blend of gasoline (petrol) and ethanol that contains 20% ethanol and 80% gasoline by volume.
▪ During a Parliament session, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi donned a jacket created from recycled plastic bottles as part of the “Unbottled” initiative by the Indian Oil Corporation.
▪ Narendra Modi inaugurated the Uttar Pradesh Global Investors Summit 2023 in Lucknow.
▪ PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the 14th edition of the Aero India 2023 at the Air Force Station in Yelahanka.
▪PM Narendra Modi inaugurated a 246 km section (Delhi-Dausa-Lalsot stretch) of the Delhi-Mumbai Expressway in Dausa.
▪ PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the Jal Jan Abhiyan in the Sirohi district of Rajasthan.
▪ PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the Shivmogga airport in Karnataka.
PM Modi in News January 2023
▪ Second meeting of the National Ganga Council (NGC), chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, was held in Kolkata.
▪ PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the Joka-Taratala stretch of the Joka-Esplanade Metro project and flagged off eastern India’s first Vande Bharat Express between Howrah and New Jalpaiguri in West Bengal.
▪ Recently, PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the “Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee – National Institute of Water and Sanitation (DSPM – NIWAS)” in Kolkata, West Bengal.
▪ PM Narendra Modi will address the 108th Indian Science Congress 2023, held at Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University.
The theme of 108th Indian Science Congress 2023: Science and Technology for Sustainable Development with Women Empowerment.
▪ PM Narendra Modi will flag off the world’s longest river cruise “Ganga Vilas” from Varanasi to Dibrugarh via Bangladesh.
▪ Narendra Modi inaugurated the 17th edition of the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2023 convention in Indore.
▪ PM Narendra Modi will virtually lay the foundation stones for the ship repair facility and construction of an elevated road at the Pandu Port in Guwahati, Assam.
▪ PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the National Youth festival 2023 on January 12 in Hubli, Karnataka.
PM Modi in News December 2022
☛ PM Narendra Modi will inaugurate the first phase of the 701 km long ‘Hindu Hrudayasamrat Balasaheb Thackeray Maharashtra Samruddhi Mahamarg’.
☛ PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated the Manohar international airport at Mopa in Goa.
☛ PM Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the National Institute for One Health and inaugurated the Centre for Research, Management and Control of Haemoglobinopathies in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
☛ PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the National Institute of Homoeopathy in Delhi.
☛ PM Narendra Modi has flagged off India’s sixth Vande Bharat Express between Nagpur and Bilaspur.
☛ PM Narendra Modi launched the Grih Pravesh programme for beneficiaries under “Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Urban and Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Rural” in Tripura.
PM Modi in News November 2022
☛ Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Maze Garden and Miyawaki Forest tourist attraction in Ekta Nagar, Gujarat.
☛ Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the OYO Ekta houseboat in Gujarat.
☛ Prime Minister Narendra Modi declared Mangarh Dham a National Monument, located in Rajasthan.
☛ Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off south India’s first and overall fifth Vande Bharat express train. It will run on Chennai-Bengaluru-Mysuru routes.
☛ Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the 108-foot “Statue of Prosperity”, a bronze statue of Nadaprabhu Kempegowda, the founder of Bengaluru.
☛ Prime Minister Narendra Modi will present local artifacts made in Himachal Pradesh to world leaders at the G20 Summit 2022 in Bali, Indonesia.
☛ Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 600 MW Kameng hydropower project in Arunachal Pradesh.
☛ Narendra Modi becomes the world’s most popular leader, according to the recently released Global Leader Approval Ratings by Morning Consult.
PM Modi in News October 2022
☛ PM Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the world’s first CNG terminal in Gujarat.
☛ Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the upgraded version of the Vande Bharat Express between Gandhinagar and Mumbai, with a maximum speed of 180KM/Hr
☛ 5G telephony service was rolled out by PM Narendra Modi at the 6th Edition of India Mobile Congress 2022 in New Delhi.
• Theme of the India Mobile Congress 2022: New digital Universe.
☛ PM Narendra Modi inaugurated AIIMS, Bilaspur and Government Hydro Engineering College, Bandla in Himachal Prades.
☛ Narendra Modi inaugurated Phase 1 of “Modi Shaikshanik Sankul” in Ahmedabad.
☛ Narendra Modi will inaugurate the PM Kisan Samman Sammelan 2022 in New Delhi.
☛ Narendra Modi has announced the ‘Fourth Positive Indigenisation List’ of 101 items related to defence.
☛ PM, Modi laid the foundation stone for Indian Air Force (IAF)’s new airbase at Deesa in Gujarat.
☛ PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the India Urban Housing Conclave 2022 in Rajkot.
☛ PM Narendra Modi launched Mission Schools of Excellence at Trimandir, Adalaj in Gujarat.
☛ PM Narendra Modi launched the “Mission LiFE” (Lifestyle for Environment) in Gujarat.
☛ PM Narendra Modi launched Rozgar Mela phase 1 during which appointment letters were handed over to 75,000 newly inducted appointees.
PM Modi in News September 2022
• Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi unveiled the new Ensign (flag) of the Indian Navy in Kochi.
• Prime Minister Modi unveiled a 28 feet tall statue of freedom fighter Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose under a canopy near India Gate.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the International Dairy Federation’s World Dairy Summit (IDF WDS) 2022 in Greater Noida.
Theme of Theme: ‘Dairy for Nutrition and Livelihood’: ‘Dairy for Nutrition and Livelihood’.
• Recently, Prime Minister Narendra Modi met the monarch of Bhutan, Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck.
• Prime Minister Modi recently received a copy of the Braille version of the Assamese dictionary ‘Hemkosh’.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently inaugurated the 36th National Games in Gujarat.
PM Modi in News August 2022
• Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for several projects of the Shrimad Rajchandra Mission in Gujarat.
• 7th Governing Council meeting of NITI Aayog(held in New Delhi) was chaired by Narendra Modi.
• On the occasion of World Biofuel Day, Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 2nd generation (2G) Ethanol Plant in Panipat, Haryana.
World Biofuel Day 10th August.
• Narendra Modi in his Independence Day speech outlined Panch Prana (Five Pledges) to make India a developed nation in 25 years, to be completed by 2047.
Panch Pran are as follows:
- Advance with greater conviction and the determination of a developed India
- Get rid of any signs of slavery
- Take pride in India’s history.
- the power of unity
- duties of citizens, such as those of the PM and CMs
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital and Research Centre in Punjab.
• Narendra Modi inaugurated ‘India’s Largest’ private hospital, Amrita Hospital, in Haryana.
• Recently, PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the first of its kind Khadi Utsav 2022 in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
PM Modi in News July 2022
• Narendra Modi launched the RAMP scheme for MSME.
RAMP Stands for “Raising and Accelerating MSME Performance” (RAMP)
Also See, Month-wise State Government Schemes
• Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated Bosch’s 1st Smart campus, Spark.NXT, in which Bengaluru.
• Narendra Modi inaugurated the Digital India Week 2022 in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
• Narendra Modi inaugurated a three-day Akhil Bharatiya Shiksha Samagam at Varanasi.
• Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Deoghar Airport in Jharkhand on July 12, 2022, to boost the tourism of Baba Baidyanath Temple.
• Narendra Modi unveiled the National Emblem cast, The Lion Capital of Ashoka, on the roof of the New Parliament Building.
• Narendra Modi inaugurated the Bundelkhand Expressway (296 Km) in Uttar Pradesh.
• Narendra Modi participated in the first-ever I2U2 Virtual Summit.
The member countries of I2U2 are India, Israel, USA, UAE
• Narendra Modi unveiled ‘SPRINT challenges’, aimed at giving a boost to the usage of indigenous technology in the Indian Navy.
• Narendra Modi released a special postal stamp for Mumbai Samachar, Asia’s oldest running newspaper.
• Narendra Modi inaugurated India’s first bullion exchange- India International Bullion Exchange
(IIBX) in GIFT City.
• Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for various projects collectively worth more than ₹1,000
crore at the Sabar Dairy in Sabarkantha district in Gujarat.
• Narendra Modi inaugurated the 100 MW Ramagundam Floating Solar Project in Telangana.
PM Modi in News, June 2022
• Narendra Modi inaugurated the world’s first Nano Urea (Liquid) Plant in Gujarat.
• Narendra Modi has inaugurated the headquarters of the Indian National Space Promotion and Authorisation Centre (IN-SPACe) in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
• PM Modi inaugurated an underground ‘Gallery of Revolutionaries’ Museum in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
• PM Narendra Modi will chair the First National Conference of Chief Secretaries at HPCA stadium in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh.
• Narendra Modi recently releases ‘Bhartiya Samvidhan: Ankahi Kahani, written by Ram Bahadur Rai.
• PM Modi inaugurated the new campus of Dr. B R Ambedkar School of Economics (BASE) University in Bengaluru.
• Narendra Modi inaugurated the Centre for Brain Research (CBR) in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
PM Modi in News, May 2022
• Denmark hosted the 2nd India-Nordic summit participated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
• Tarun Kapoor has been appointed as an advisor to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
• Narendra Modi virtually addressed ‘Utkarsh Samaroh’ that was held in Gujarat.
• Prime Minister Modi visited Lumbini in Nepal on the occasion of Buddha Purnima where he signed six MoUs during bilateral talks.
• Vivek Kumar has been appointed as Private Secretary (PS) to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi in News Download PDF [MAY-DECEMBER]