• Chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adithyanath launched the “School Chalo Abhiyan” for the Primary and upper primary schools.
• It aims to ensure 100 per cent enrolment in primary and upper primary schools in Uttar Pradesh.
Key Points about the School Chalo Abhiyan
• The School Chalo Abhiyan is being started in the Shravasti districts of Uttar Pradesh.
• The district ‘Shravasti’ has a lowest literacy rate with an average of 46.74 percent.
• Other district of Uttar Pradesh with low literacy rates is Bahraich, Balarampur, Balrampur, Badaun and Rampur.
Purpose of the School Chalo Abhiyan
• The scheme focused on the holistic development of primary schools.
• Its objective is to ensure 100% enrollment in primary and upper primary schools.
• Government schools must achieve all the goals of ‘Operation Kayakalp’ which aims at giving schools a facelift, Adityanat said.
• According to Yogi Adithyanath ji, departmental officials must carry out a campaign to collaborate with alumni (of government schools) and private firms for transformation of state-run schools
• Along with public officials each MLA must adopt a school.
School Chalo Abhiyan Benefits
• Under this scheme, students will be provided with Books, uniforms and shoes and socks.
• The scheme also provide hearing aids and Braille kits to the physically challenged students.
• Sufficient teacher will be deployed in all state-run schools.
• All government schools must provide basic facilities such as toilets, drinking water, furniture and smart classes to students.