Month-wise important Summits and Venues 2022
In this section we are covering all the important national and international Summits Venues Month-wise . To your satisfaction here we have included the month-wise summits and venues.
Note:- There are more than 50 summits in 2021, all the summits are impossible to remember and not all are so important for competitive exams, so here we have included only the important ones.
Also See International Summits and Venues
Important Summits and Venues January 2022
|India-Central Asia Summit 2022||Virtual Mode||• The First India-Central Asia Summit 2022 hosted by PM Modi with other 5 Central Asian Nations.
• The 5 Central Asian Nations are Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
• It highlights India’s growing cooperation with Central Asian countries as a part of its ‘Extended
|Davos Agenda summit 2022||Virtual Mode||• The five-day long Davos Agenda summit 2022 was hosted by World Economic Forum’s (WEF) .
• The Theme of the Summit:- ‘The State of the World’.
• PM Narendra Modi introduced the ‘P3 (Pro-Planet People) movement’ that underlines India’s climate change commitments at WEF’s Davos Agenda 2022.
• India is the world’s 3rd largest Pharma producer.
• India holds $26 billion worth of PLI (Production Linked Incentive) schemes in 14 sectors.
• Total renewable energy target of India is 175 GW by 2022
|India Digital Summit(IDS), 2022||Virtual Mode||• The 16th edition of India Digital Summit (IDS), 2022 addressed by Piyush Goyal, Union Minister of Commerce & Industry.
• The theme of the Summit is: “Supercharging Startups”.
Month-wise important Summits and Venues 2021
Important Summits and Venues January 2021
International Climate Adaptation Summit 2021
Hosted by Amsterdam ,Netherlands (Virtual Mode)
|• From India, the summit was addressed by Narendra Modi.
• India is targeting 450 GW of renewable energy capacity by the year 2030.
• LED lights are being promoted, which saves 38 million tons of carbon dioxide emissions annually.
• India is also on the way to restore 26 million hectares of degraded land by 2030.
|India Digital Summit 2021||India (Virtually)||• Organized by Internet & Mobile Association of India (IAMAI).
• It was inaugurated by Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Minister of Electronics & Information Technology.
• Theme: ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat – Start of New Decade’
• Objective: To provide a platform for discussion to create a new digital ecosystem
|4th One Planet Summit
|Virtually organized by France
|• Theme of the summit: “Let’s act together for nature!”
• The event was opened by Secretary-General of the UN Antonio Guterres, French President Emmanuel Macron, and President of the World Bank Group David Malpass.
• The summit was not attended by India, Brazil, Russia, and the United States (US)
• Key discussion:
1. Alliance for the conservation of tropical forests and rainforests.
2. Taskforce on Nature related Financial Disclosure (TNFD)
3. Coalition for the convergence of climate and biodiversity funding
4. To make the Mediterranean an exemplary sea by 2030
5. High Ambition Coalition for Nature and People
Summits, Events & Conference February
|World PetroCoal Congress
2021 & World Future
Fuel Summit 2021
|• The Joint Conference addressed by Union Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Dharmendra Pradhan.
• Theme “Petroleum-Coal-Gas: Towards a Win-Win Strategy for Producer and Consumer”
Major Targets of Governments :
• 5% blending of biodiesel in diesel by 2025.
• Establishment of India’s first coal gasification-based fertilizer plant with pet coke blending at Talcher, Odisha.
• 40% electricity generation from nonfossil fuel-based energy resources will be achieved by 2030.
|BioAsia 2021||Hyderabad, India (Virtually)||• Organized by the Telangana Government
• BioAsia is Asia’s Largest Life Sciences & healthcare forum.
• Theme – Move the Needle
• It was inaugurated by KT Rama Rao, Minister for Industries & Commerce, Government of Telangana.
• In this forum the Genome Valley Excellence Award for the year 2021 was awarded to ‘Bharat Biotech’ for its commitment to development of India’s 1st Indigenous vaccine for COVID-19 called ‘COVAXIN’.
Focus Topics of BioAsia2021 – Discussions on
• ‘Virtually connected healthcare’, ‘Immunizing the world’.
on Gender Equality
|Kerala, India||• It was held at the Gender Park Campus in Kozhikode, Kerala.
• Inaugurated by the Kerala Chief Minister (CM) Pinarayi
• theme “Gender in Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Social Business: The Mediating Role of Empowerment”
• It was organized as the first carbon neutral event in Kerala highlighting the state’s continued commitment to achieving SDG-objectives by 2030.
Objective of this Conference
• To emphasize the need for promoting women and transgender persons’ participation in socio-economic activities and empower them to become sustainable entrepreneurs.
Summits, Events & Conference March
|India TB Summit
|India||• The summit virtually addressed by the Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan.
• The theme for the summit is “Reimagining TB Care in India“.
• India targets to eradicate Tuberculosis by 2025.
|7th Annual Summit of ‘NATHEALTH’ 2021||India (Virtually)||• It was organized by NATHEALTH – Healthcare Federation of India.
• Theme of 2021 Annual Summit – ‘Indian Health System Expansion in Post-COVID Era’.
• Objective -To discussions for realizing the potential of Indian healthcare sector to attract investments for building a modern 21st Century Universal Healthcare delivery mode.
• Health sector was identified in Budget 2021-22 as one of the 6 main pillars to drive growth.
• It was allocated INR 2, 23, 846 Crore in the 2021-22 Budget, an increase of 137% over the previous year.
• Government is taking steps to increase health expenditure as a percentage of GDP to 2.5% by 2025.
|1st Ever Leader-Level Summit of QUAD Countrie||Virtually||• QUAD countries – India, Japan, USA & Australia.
• The leaders plan to send 1 Billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines across Asia by 2022.
• The US will collaborate with India’s Biological E Ltd for the initiative, it will provide funding through the DFC (Development Finance Corporation)
• Australia will contribute USD 77 Million for provision of vaccines and ‘last-mile’ delivery support.
|Maritime India Summit-2021||India||• Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated the 2nd Edition of Maritime India Summit-2021..
• The event is organized by the Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways (MoPSW).
• Participant- Ministers from 7 countries – Russia, Uzbekistan, Qatar, Denmark, Iran, Afghanistan & Armenia participated in
• On the sidelines of the MIS-2021, Chabahar day was commemorated on March 4, 2021. A meeting was held to
• India is set to operationalise 23 waterways by 2030 which will help in the development of ports.
Around 574 Projects costing USD 82 Billion (~ INR 6 Lakh Crore) have been identified for implementation
Summits, Events & Conference April
|first ever ‘World Immunisation and Logistics Summit 2021’||Abu Dhabi ,United Arab Emirates||• Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare of India virtually participated.
• Key discussion: ‘Focus on Asia: Vaccine production and distribution across Asia’.
|1st Ever UN Food Systems Summit 2021||New York, USA||• The Summit is a part of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030 as the summit will launch new actions for delivering progress on all 17 SDGs.
• Objective- The summit is to strategize actions for positive change in Agri-food systems.
|Amazon Sambhav Summit 2021||India||• It’s a $250 Million Venture Fund, organized by Amazon India.
• It support the digitization of small and medium businesses (SMBs), Agriculture, and Healthcare in India.
• Theme of ‘Unlocking Infinite Possibilities for Digital India’.
• Union Minister Jitendra Singh and Nitin Gadkari virtually addressed the Summit.
|Leaders’ Summit on Climate 2021||USA||• Theme of the Summit – ‘Our Collective Sprint to 2030’
• Modi participated in the summit at the invitation of US President Joseph R. Biden
• Major points of discussion – reducing greenhouse gas emission & meeting targets of Paris Agreement to keep Global temperature rise to below 2 Degree Celsius
Summits, Events & Conference May
|Summit on the
Financing of African
|Paris, France||• Minister of State for External Affairs V Muraleedharan virtually represented India at the Summit.
• Objective: To arrange financial resources for reviving the economy of African Continent, which has been affected by COVID-19.
Summits, Events & Conference June
|BRICS Green Hydrogen
|Hosted by India (Virtual Mode)||• BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China & South Africa)
• The event was anchored by NTPC Ltd, a Maharana CPSU (Central Public Sector Undertaking) under the Ministry of Power.
• The summit aims to address the challenges facing Green Hydrogen in terms of technology, efficiency, financial viability and scaling up of the technology.
|47th G7 Leaders’ Summit
|• Theme – ‘Building Back Better’
• Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually participated in the meeting and called G7 summit
• India, South Korea, Australia, South Africa, and the G7
• G7 leaders launched the ‘Build Back Better World (B3W)’ Project to counter China’s Belt and Road
|31st North Atlantic Treaty
|Brussels in Belgium||• The leaders of NATO’s 30 member countries were participated in the summit.
• NATO is a defensive Alliance and will continue to strive for
peace, security, and stability in the whole of the Euro-Atlant
• Key decisions: Adoption of NATO 2030 factsheet, which contain 9 key decisions, such as
Summits, Events & Conference July
|International Climate Summit 2021 (ICS)||New Delhi, India||• Key focus on ‘Green Hydrogen’ and making India as a Global hub for Hydrogen production.
• The event was organised in partnership with the Government of Norway, where Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the delegates
• The Summit also plans on the formation of an ‘International Hydrogen Alliance’ and setting up of ‘Centres of Excellence’ in select Universities across India.
|UN Food Systems Pre-Summit 2021||Rome, Italy||• India was represented by Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
• The Union Minister virtually delivered the Ministerial Statement which emphasized the importance of Agriculture in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 2030 as 12 out of 17 SDGs are directly dependent on agriculture.
• It should be noted that the UN accepted the Government of India’s proposal to celebrate 2023 as ‘International Year of Millets’
|World Universities Summit 2021||Sonipat, Haryana, India||• The Vice President Venkaiah Naidu virtually addressed the World Universities Summit 2021.
• It was organised by O.P. Jindal Global University, Sonipat, Haryana.
• Theme – “Universities of the Future: Building Institutional Resilience, Social Responsibility and Community Impact”.
|Indo-Pacific Business Summit 2021||India (Virtual Mode)||• The summit organized by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in partnership with the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
• Theme: ‘Developing a Road Map for Shared Prosperity’
• Objective: To discuss how India & other countries in the Indo Pacific Region can enhance economic partnership and collaborate for future economic development.
|CoWIN Global Conclave 2021||India (Virtual Mode)||• PM Narendra Modi virtually addressed the CoWIN Global Conclave 2021.
• The event inaugurated by Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare Dr Harsh Vardhan.
• India is set to offer CoWIN (COVID-19 Vaccine Intelligence Work) as a digital public good to the world to combat COVID-19.
Summits, Events & Conference August
Summit 2021 (ICS
|India||• The summit will help in building a platform for India’s transition to clean energy with focus on ‘Powering India’s Hydrogen Ecosystem’|
|G20 Ministerial conference on
|• Smriti Irani, Union Minister of Women and Child Development (WCD), Government of
India virtually represented India and addressed the G20 Ministerial Conference on Women’s Empowerment• The conference was chaired by Elena Bonetti, Italian Minister for Equal Opportunities and Family.
|India-International Solar Alliance
(ISA) Energy Transition Dialogue
|India (Virtual Mode)||• The event was organised by ISA & the Union Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE). R K Singh.
• R K Singh highlighted that India’s Emissions have reduced about 28% from 2005 levels, against the target of 35% by 2030 in India’s Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDC) at the Paris Agreement, 2015.
|1st India Internet Governance
Forum 2021 (IIGF 2021
|India||• IGF is the Indian chapter of the United Nations based Internet Governance Forum. It will act as a
platform to discuss public policy issues related to the Internet• The theme of the IIGF-2021 will be ‘’Inclusive Internet for Digital India ‘’.
|7th IBSA Academic Forum 2021
|India (Virtual Mode)||• It was hosted by the Research and
Information System for Developing Countries (RIS), an autonomous think-tank of the Ministry of
External Affairs, Government of India• India is the Current
Chair of IBSA.•
Summits, Events & Conference September
|BRICS Summit 2021
|Hosted by India (Virtual Mode)||• Chaired by: Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi
• Theme 2021:- ‘BRICS@15: Intra-BRICS Cooperation for Continuity, Consolidation and Consensus’.
• BRICS stands for: Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa
• The summit saw the adoption of the ‘New Delhi Declaration’.
• India hosted the summit 3 times (2012, 2016, and 2021)
|15th East Asia Summit||Virtual Mode||• Theme ‘We Care, We Prepare, We Prosper’.
• The meeting aimed at coordinating efforts of
ASEAN countries in pursuing the goal of energy security and energy transition to benefit the people of the region.
• Minister of State for Power, Krishan Pal Gurjar attended the meet on behalf of India.
Summits, Events & Conference October
Nations) Summit 2021
|• The 18th India-ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) Summit 2021 co-chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi (virtually).
• This year (2021) the summit hosted by Brunei and chaired by Hassanal Bolkiah (the current Chair of ASEAN)
• The year 2022 marks the 30th anniversary of the India ASEAN Partnership,
• The ASEAN leaders announced 2022 as India-ASEAN Friendship Year.
|Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Asia Health 2021
|India||• Dr Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, addressed the inaugural session of the CII Asia Health 2021
summit.• The objective of the summit is to deliberate on the 5 critical A’s of Awareness, Accessibility, Adoption, Accountability and Affordability that determine and impact the Healthcare Sector.• The theme of the CII Asia Health 2021 summit:
“Transforming Healthcare for a better tomorrow”.
Summits, Events & Conference November
|16th G20 (Group of Twenty) Leaders’ Summit 2021
|Rome, Italy||• Participated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
• The Summit for the year 2021 was held in Rome, Italy.
• Theme: People, Planet, and Prosperity.
• India and Italy agreed to explore the development of green hydrogen to strengthen the partnershipsin the energy transition, and joint projects in the natural gas sector.
• G20 committed to the Paris Agreement goal to hold the global average temperature increase well below 2°C and to pursue efforts to limit it to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels.
|Summit of Shanghai Cooperation
Organisation (SCO) Council of Heads of Government (CHG)
|Nur-Sultan , Kazakhstan
|• Dr. S. Jaishankar, Union Minister of External Affairs represented India at the 20th Summit of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Council of Heads of Government (CHG).
• The SCO CHG meeting is held annually and focuses on the trade and economic agenda of the Organization and to approve its annual budget.
Summits, Events & Conference December
|6th India Water Impact
Summit (IWIS) 2021
|NMCG office, New
Delhi and IIT Kanpur,
|• The event was organized by the National Mission for Clean
Ganga (NMCG), and Centre for Ganga River Basin Management and Studies (c-Ganga)• Theme: ‘River Resources
Allocation “Planning and Management at the Regional Level’.• It was inaugurated by Union Minister Gajendra Singh
Shekhawat, Ministry of Jal Shakti (MoJS) along with Rajiv
Ranjan Mishra, Director General NMCG; and Dr Vinod
Tare, Founding Head, c-Ganga
|Indian Ocean Conference
|• The conference was attended by Union Minister Subrahmanyan Jaishankar, Ministry of External Affairs (EAM) .
• Theme: ‘Indian Ocean: Ecology,
• The Conference is chaired by
Also See International Summits and Venues