Check out the Top 10 Best Airports in The World for the year 2023.
Skytrax, a prominent UK-based airline and airport review and ranking site, has released its annual rankings of the best airports in the world. The rankings include the best airports in the world for the year 2023, along with the respective countries they belong to.
World’s Best Airport
▪ Singapore Changi Airport was named the best airport in the world for the 12th time by Skytrex.
▪ The announcement was made at the World Airport Awards held on Wednesday at Amsterdam’s Passenger Terminal Expo. The airport had earlier earned the top spot for eight years before the list was dropped in 2021 and 2022.
▪ In addition to being named as the best airport in the world, Changi Airport has also won awards for its dining and retirement facilities.
▪ This recognition provides the Airport’s continued promise towards service excellence and an exceptional travel experience of its passengers.
▪ Changi Airport Group Chief Executive Officer Lee CO Hiang has expressed his gratitude for the recognition and thanked the airport community for serving passengers among the challenges raised by the Covid -1 epidemic. He also re -promised to expand the airport offers and to define the experience of cheeky.
Hamad International Airport
▪ Doha Hamad International Airport, which was named as 2021 and 2022 airport of the year, won second place in this year’s rankings.
▪ Despite the drop, the airport has still recognized its shopping opportunities -as well as being the clearest airport in the Middle East.
▪ Hamad International Airport Chief Operating Officer Badar Mohammad Al-Mir expressed his pleasure to receive praise from the Skytrax World Airport Awards and confirmed the promise of the airport to maintain the highest standard in the world travel industry.
“We are delighted to collect these accolades by the prestigious Skytrax World Airport Awards, we will continue to strive to provide our passengers with an exceptional travel experience and provide our partners with the best facility and unmatched service. We stay committed to our growth plans and maintaining the highest standards in the global travel industry,” Badr Mohammed Al-Meer, Chief Operating Officer at Hamad International Airport, said in a release.
Tokyo International Airport (Haneda)
▪ The Tokyo Haneda Airport is ranked third on the list. The airport ranked in third place not only as the third-best airport in the world but also for several other awards. These include the world’s most clean airport, the best domestic airport in the world, and the best airport PRM and accessible facilities.
Incheon International Airport
▪ Seoul’s Incheon Airport has been ranked fourth globally and has also won several awards, including the World’s Best Airport Staff Service, the World’s Best Airport Immigration Processing, and the Best Airport Staff in Asia.
List of Top 10 Best Airports in The World 2023
|1||Singapore||Singapore Changi Airport|
|2||Qatar||Hamad International Airport|
|3||Japan||Tokyo International Airport (Haneda)|
|4||South Korea||Incheon International Airport|
|5||France||Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport|
|9||Japan||Narita International Airport|
Other Airports in this List
▪ In addition to the top 10 airports, several others were also recognized in the Skytrax awards.
✅ Seoul’s Incheon Airport ranked fourth globally and received awards for the World’s Best Airport Staff Service, the World’s Best Airport Immigration Processing, and Best Airport Staff in Asia.
✅ Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport was named the World’s Most Improved Airport.
✅ Chubu Centrair International Airport in Nagoya won the World’s Best Regional Airport award with Centrair’s Terminal 2 also recognized, receiving the award for Best Low-Cost Airline Terminal.
Best Indian Airport
▪ No Indian airport ranked in the top 20 global rankings.
▪ Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi received awards for the best airports in India and South Asia.
▪ Meanwhile, Hyderabad Airport was recognized as the best regional airport in India and South Asia, as well as to be the best airport worker in India and South Asia.
CEO of Delhi International Airport, Mr. Videh Kumar Jaipuriar said: “It is the hard work and dedication of all the stakeholders which has helped Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) attain this unique feat. This acclamation by Skytrax reinforces DIAL’s commitment to constantly work towards bettering passenger experience while developing sustainable and environment-friendly infrastructure at Delhi Airport.”
|1||Indira Gandhi International Airport||Delhi, India||Best Airport in India and South Asia|
|2||Hyderabad Airport||Telangana, India||Best Regional Airport in India and South Asia, Best Airport Staff in India|
List of Top 20 Best Airports in The World 2023
|1||Singapore Changi Airport||Singapore|
|2||Hamad International Airport||Qatar|
|3||Tokyo International Airport (Haneda)||Japan|
|4||Incheon International Airport||South Korea|
|5||Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport||France|
|9||Narita International Airport||Japan|
|11||Vienna International Airport||Austria|
|13||Rome Fiumicino Airport||Italy|
|15||Kansai International Airport||Japan|
|16||Chubu Centrair International Airport||Japan|
|17||Dubai International Airport||United Arab Emirates|
|18||Seattle-Tacoma International Airport||United States|
|20||Vancouver International Airport||Canada|
5-Star Airport List
▪ The 5-Star Airport rating acknowledges airports that offer outstanding levels of facilities and staff service to their customers in all areas of the airport environment.
▪ In order to attain the top 5-Star Airport Rating, either the staff service or product standards must meet or exceed global best practices for the specific item being evaluated.
▪ This evaluation involves assessing all aspects of excellence in service, supported by true consistency. However, it is not mandatory for an airport to achieve 5 stars for every element of the rating criteria.
5-Star Airport List
|1||Bahrain International Airport||Bahrain|
|2||Hamad International Airport||Qatar|
|3||Hong Kong International Airport||Hong Kong|
|6||Rome Fiumicino Airport||Italy|
|7||Seoul Incheon International Airport||South Korea|
|8||Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport||China|
|9||Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport||China|
|10||Singapore Changi Airport||Singapore|
|11||Tokyo Haneda International Airport||Japan|
Top 5-Star Regional Airport List
|1||Baku Heydar Aliyev International Airport||Azerbaijan|
|2||Chengdu Tianfu International Airport||China|
|3||Chubu Centrair Airport||Japan|
|4||Haikou Meilan International Airport||China|
|5||Houston William P. Hobby Airport||United States|
|6||Quito Mariscal Sucre International Airport||Ecuador|
|7||Salalah International Airport||Oman|
About Skytrax ▪ Originally known as- Inflight Research Services ▪ Headquarters - London, United Kingdom ▪ Established on - 1989 ▪ Function - Consultancy which runs an airline and airport review and ranking site.
World’s Best Airports by passenger numbers
|Sl. No||Passenger Number||Airport||Country|
|1||60+ million||Istanbul Airport||Turkey|
|2||50 to 60 million||Tokyo Haneda||Japan|
|3||40 to 50 million||Seattle-Tacoma International Airport||USA|
|4||30 to 40 million||Singapore Changi Airport||Singapore|
|5||20 to 30 million||Zurich Airport||Switzerland|
|6||10 to 20 million||Incheon Airport||South Korea|
|7||5 to 10 million||Kansai International Airport||Japan|
|8||Less than 5 million||Centrair Nagoya Airport||Japan|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Answer: According to Skytrax ranking, Singapore’s Changi Airport is the world’s best airport.
Answer: Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi
Answer: United States
Answer: According to Skytrax, Hamad International Airport is the 2nd best airport in the world.