In this article, you will discover the top 10 richest cricketers in the world in 2023 and find out if your favorite cricketer is on this list. You will also learn their estimated net worth.
Undoubtedly, cricket is the most popular sport in India and its players are often idolized as demigods. The game’s association with enormous financial rewards has enabled Indian cricketers to amass vast wealth, with some of its star players earning a substantial amount of money.
Among these cricketers, legends such as Virat Kohli, Sachin Tendulkar, and MS Dhoni stand out as the wealthiest in the world.
However, as per a recent report, former Australian player Adam Gilchrist has now claimed the top spot as the richest cricketer globally.
Who is the Richest Cricketer in the World?
▪ According to a recent report by ‘CEO World Magazine’, former Australian cricketer Adam Gilchrist has surpassed all other cricketers in terms of wealth and is now considered to be the richest cricketer in the world.
▪ The report puts Gilchrist’s net worth at $380 million, an impressive feat for a retired cricketer. This remarkable achievement is attributed to his successful cricket career, various brand endorsements, and business ventures.
▪ Despite being retired from the game for several years, Gilchrist’s finances continued to improve, cementing his position as the top earner in the world of cricket.
Is Adam Gilchrist the richest cricket in the world?
▪ According to a recent fact-check by DNA, it has been confirmed that Adam Gilchrist is not the richest cricketer in the world. The CEO World Magazine had mistakenly considered the CEO of F45, who also goes by the name Adam Gilchrist, as the former cricketer. The person listed is the founder of F45 Training, a fitness company based out of Texas, United States.
▪ However, it should be noted that the two individuals are not related in any way, and their net worths are not connected. While the F45 CEO became extremely wealthy after his company was listed on the New York Stock Exchange in 2022. When it comes to cricketer Adam Gilchrist’s net worth, it is not known. However, it can certainly not be more than most Indian cricketers.
Who is the Richest Cricketer in India?
▪ According to a report by ‘CEO World Magazine’, Sachin Tendulkar popularly known as Master Blaster has been ranked as the richest cricketer in India and the second richest cricketer in the world.
▪ Although Sachin Tendulkar is the second richest cricketer in the world, there is a significant difference in his net worth compared to Adam Gilchrist. In fact, Adam Gilchrist’s estimated net worth is more than twice that of Sachin Tendulkar’s.
▪ Tendulkar’s net worth is estimated at USD 170 million, a significant amount that he accumulated through his successful cricket career, brand endorsements, and entrepreneurial ventures.
▪ Apart from his cricketing achievements and brand endorsements, Sachin Tendulkar has also ventured into several entrepreneurial pursuits that have contributed significantly to his wealth.
▪ Tendulkar has a partnership in a venture between Future Group and Manipal Group that focuses on healthcare, sports, and lifestyle products.
▪ Tendulkar’s business acumen and investment decisions have proven to be astute, and his various sources of income have enabled him to maintain his position as one of the richest cricketers in the world.
List of Top 10 Richest Cricketers in the World
|Sl.No||Cricketer||Country||Estimated Net Worth|
|1||Adam Craig Gilchrist||Australia||$380m|
|2||Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar||India||$170m|
|3||Mahendra Singh Dhoni||India||$115m|
|5||Ricky Thomas Ponting||Australia||$75m|
|6||Jacques Henry Kallis||South Africa||$70m|
|7||Brian Charles Lara||West Indies||$60m|
|10||Steven Peter Devereux Smith||Australia||$30m|
Top 10 Richest Cricketers In The World, 2023— World Index (@theworldindex) March 14, 2023
🇦🇺AC Gilchrist: $380m (estimated net worth)
🇮🇳SR Tendulkar: $170m
🇮🇳MS Dhoni: $115m
🇮🇳V Kohli: $112m
🇦🇺RT Ponting: $75m
🇿🇦JH Kallis: $70m
🌴BC Lara: $60m
🇮🇳V Sehwag: $40m
🇮🇳Yuvraj Singh: $35m
🇦🇺Steve Smith: $30m
Top 5 Richest Cricketers in India
India’s Richest Cricketers: Tendulkar, Dhoni, and Kohli Top the List
▪ According to recent reports, Sachin Tendulkar is still the richest cricketer in India with a net worth of USD 170 million. Tendulkar has been retired from cricket for many years, but he continues to be a popular figure in India and is associated with many brands.
▪ Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the former captain of the Indian cricket team, comes in at the second spot on the list with a net worth of USD 111 million. Like Tendulkar, Dhoni also endorses several brands.
▪ Virat Kohli, the current captain of the Indian cricket team, is in third place with a net worth of USD 112 million. Kohli is one of the most popular cricketers in the world and is associated with several top brands.
▪ Former Indian opener Virender Sehwag has an estimated net worth of $40 million, making him the 4th richest cricketer in the world.
▪ Former Indian cricket team all-rounder Yuvraj Singh is ranked 5th with a net worth of USD 35 million. Singh, who is also a cancer survivor, is associated with various charities.
List of Top 5 Richest Cricketers in India
|Sl.No||Cricketer||Country||Estimated Net Worth|
|1||Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar||India||$170m|
|2||Mahendra Singh Dhoni||India||$115m|
When compiling a list of the world’s wealthiest athletes, various factors are considered, such as their earnings from salaries, endorsement deals, and business ventures. Based on these criteria, it can be assumed that 34-year-old Virat Kohli would rank highest on the list, followed by Dhoni and Tendulkar.