• The World Health Day is celebrated globally on 7th April every year by the World Health Organization.
• World Health Day highlights different issues that affect health and general well-being levels across the globe.
• The day is also focused on what more needs to be done to create healthier communities with more equitable access to healthcare systems.
• In 1948, the WHO held the First World Health Assembly. The Assembly decided to celebrate 7 April of each year, with effect from 1950, as the World Health Day.
World Health Day Significance
• Due to COVID-19 Pandemic, Almost all the people of the world were suffering from serious health issues. The world health day focused on this ongoing health issues and raised awareness about the issues that affect people across the world. The day is also used as an opportunity to spread awareness about the overall health and well-being of people.
Themes of World Health Days
• Themes of World Health Day 2010: Urbanization and health: make cities healthier
• Themes of World Health Day 2011: Antimicrobial resistance: no action today, no cure tomorrow
• Themes of World Health Day 2012: Good health adds life to years
• Themes of World Health Day 2013: Healthy heart beat, Healthy blood pressure
• Themes of World Health Day 2014: Vector-borne diseases: small bite, big threat
• Themes of World Health Day 2015: Food safety
• Themes of World Health Day 2016: Halt the rise: beat diabetes
• Themes of World Health Day 2017: Depression: Let’s talk
• Themes of World Health Day 2018: Universal Health Coverage: everyone, everywhere
• Themes of World Health Day 2019: Universal Health Coverage: everyone, everywhere
• Themes of World Health Day 2020: Support Nurses and Midwives
• Themes of World Health Day 2021: Building a Fairer and Healthier World for Everyone
• Themes of World Health Day 2022: Our planet, our health
Official global health campaigns of WHO
• Including World Health Day there are 11 official global health campaigns marked by WHO, such as
- World Tuberculosis Day
- World Immunization Week
- World Malaria Day
- World No Tobacco Day
- World AIDS Day
- World Blood Donor Day
- World Chagas Disease Day
- World Patient Safety Day
- World Antimicrobial Awareness Week
- World Hepatitis Day.
- World Health Day
Best Quotes about World Health Day
• “Keep your vitality. A life without health is like a river without water.” – Maxime Lagace
• “Happiness is the highest form of health.” – Dalai Lama
• “It Is Health That Is Real Wealth and Not Pieces of Gold and Silver.” – Mahatma Gandhi
• “If I’d known I was going to live so long, I’d have taken better care of myself.” – Leon Eldred
• “Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” –Edward Stanley
• “He who has health has hope; and he who has hope has everything.” – Arabian proverb
• “Sickness is the vengeance of nature for the violation of her laws.”- Charles Simmons
• “True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it is lost.” – Charles Caleb Colton
• “Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.” – Buddha
• “When you are young and healthy, it never occurs to you that in a single second your whole life could change.” – Anette Funicello
• “A fit body, a calm mind, a house full of love. These things cannot be bought – they must be earned.” – Naval Ravikant
• “To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” – William Londen
• “True Silence Is the Rest of the Mind, and Is to the Spirit What Sleep Is to the Body, Nourishment and Refreshment.” – William Penn
• “Three things in life – your health, your mission, and the people you love. That’s it!” – Naval Ravikant
Frequently Asked Questions on World Health Day
Q1: What is the theme of World Health Day 2022?
Answer: Themes of World Health Day 2022 is “Our planet, our health”
Q2: Why is World Health Day celebrated?
Answer: World Health Day celebrated to raise awareness the ongoing health issues of the people all over the World.
Q3: World Health Day observed on?
Answer: World Health Day observed on 7th April every year.
Q4: The first World Health Day was held on ?
Answer: The first World Health Day was held on April 7, 1950.