International Yoga day quotes in English 2022: Every year, International Yoga Day is celebrated on the 21st of June, in recognition of the benefits of the ancient Indian practice of yoga.
History of Yoga Day
• During his address to the UN General Assembly (UNGA) on September 27, 2014, Prime Minister Narendra Modi first proposed the concept of International Yoga Day.
• On December 11, 2014, the UN General Assembly announced that June 21 would be observed as International Yoga Day or World Yoga Day.
Yoga Day celebrations in India
• On the 8th International Yoga Day, which will be celebrated on June 21, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will perform yoga at the Mysore Palace in Karnataka.
• On International Yoga Day, 75 ministers from the central government will practice yoga at 75 historical and cultural sites in the country.
• The main event of the International Yoga Day will be celebrated at the Mysore Palace Karnataka. People can participate in the mega yoga show.
• The number of participants in the mega yoga show has been limited to 15,000. So far, 12,000 people have registered for the International Yoga 2022 celebrations led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
• A total of 17 blocks for the yoga enthusiasts will be created in a 10 lakh square feet area on the palace premises. Two yoga blocks have been reserved for the VIPs.
• The event is being organized by the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India. People from all walks of life will be able to practice yoga in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
• Participants will receive a yoga mat, a mobile pouch, and a shoe bag. As a safety precaution, participants must take two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine or carry an RT-PCR negative report 72 hours before the event.
International Yoga Day Theme
The theme of International Yoga Day 2022
• The theme of International Yoga Day 2022 is ‘Yoga for Humanity’ which was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his monthly Mann Ki Baat speech
The theme of International Yoga Day 2021
• The theme of International Yoga Day 2021 was “Yoga for well-being”.
The theme of International Yoga Day 2020
• The theme for the 2020 international yoga day was “Yoga at Home and Yoga with the Family”.
Also, See Important Days and Themes 2022
International Yoga Day Quotes in English 2022
Here are some of the best Yoga Day Quotes in English – International Yoga Day quotes
• “Yoga does not just change the way we see things, it transforms the person who sees.” – B.K.S Iyengar
• The very heart of yoga practice is ‘abyhasa’: steady effort in the direction you want to go! – Sally Kempton
• “When you listen to yourself, everything comes naturally. It comes from inside, like a kind of will to do something. Try to be sensitive. That is yoga.” – Petri Raisanen
• “We all wish for world peace, but world peace will never be achieved unless we first establish peace within our minds.” – Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
Positive Yoga Day Quotes in English 2022
• Yoga is a way of moving into stillness to experience the truth of who you are. – Erich Schiffmann
• “Calming the mind is yoga. Not just standing on the head.” – Swami Satchidananda
• “Meditation brings wisdom; lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom.” – Buddha
• Yoga becomes one lifelong journey to internal revelation. – Aadil Palkhivala
Latest Yoga Day Quotes in English 2022
• “Yoga begins with listening. When we listen, we are giving space to what is.” – Richard Freeman
• “In asana practice, we learn to cherish each breath and every cell in our bodies. The time we spend on the mat is love in action.” – Rolf Gates
• Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self. – The Bhagavad Gita
• “Yoga is not about touching your toes, it’s about what you learn on the way down.” – Jigar Gor
• “Yoga is the stilling of the changing states of the mind.” – Patanjali
• To perform every action artfully is yoga. – Swami Kripalu
• The meaning of yoga is the connection of mind, body, and soul! – Bikram Choudhary
• “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” – Amit RayFor PDF, Print this page and save as a PDF
Click the “Print This Page Button”