India’s First in News 2022
“India’s First in News” is another important section of National current affairs. For example: India’s first Graphene Innovation Centre to be established at Thrissur, Kerala. Check out the full article to know more about “India’s first in News” 2022.
India’s First in News January, 2022
♦ CryptoWire launches India’s first Index of Cryptocurrencies ‘IC15’.
♦ India’s first ‘coal to methanol’ (CTM) pilot plant has been set up in the Hyderabad unit of Bharat Heavy
Electricals Limited (BHEL).
♦ India’s first AVGC (Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming, and Comics) Center of Excellence (CoE) launched by Government of Karnataka in Mahadevapura, Bengaluru.
♦ India’s first Mobile Honey Processing Van launched by Vinai Kumar Saxena, Chairman of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) at Sirora village in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
♦ India’s 1st Climate Hazard and Vulnerability Atlas launched by India Meteorological Department (IMD).
♦ India’s first & unique ‘Open Rock Museum” opned at the campus of Council of Scientific & Industrial
Research – National Geophysical Research Institute (CSIR-NGRI), Hyderabad, Telangana.
♦ India’s First Intelligent Chronic Disease Patients Habit Tracking System known as ‘Madhavbaug’s Power MAP’ inaugrated by Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH), Nitin Gadkari.
♦ The government of Haryana in collaboration with the Ministry of Civil Aviation is set to establish India’s first-ever Heli Hub in Gurugram.
♦ India’s 1st Graphene Innovation Centre to be established at Thrissur, Kerala.
♦ Kochi becomes India’s First City with Water Metro Project.
♦ Kumbalangi Village of Kerala Became India’s first Sanitary Napkin-free Village as well as India’s first eco-friendly tourist village.
♦ “PencilCard” is the India’s first debit card with National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) for teens.
♦ India’s first Auto Exchange Traded Fund launched by Nippon India.
♦ ‘Paytm’, has launched India’s first intelligent messenger named ‘’Pop’’ to provide instant updates to track users’ investments in the stock market.
♦ United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) India named famous Indian Youtuber and actor Prajakta Koli as India’s first ever ‘Youth Climate Champion’.
♦ India’s first virtual platform for spices exports namely ‘Spice Xchange India (spicexchangeindia.com)’ was launched by Minister of state (MoS) Som Parkash, Ministry of Commerce and Industry during a hybrid event held in Kochi, Kerala.
India’s First in News February, 2022
♦ India’s First pilot Project of Mixing Hydrogen into Natural Gas started by GAIL India limitted.
• It is a part of India’s National Hydrogen Mission.
• India has committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2070
♦ India’s 1st Biomass-Based Hydrogen Plant Comes up in the Khandwa district of Madhya Pradesh.
• The plant will produce a tonne of hydrogen per day, from 30 tonnes of biomass feedstock.
• It will also produce biochar and methane.
♦ India’s First Railway Solar Power Plant commissioned at Bina, Madhya Pradesh.
• Total capacity of the plant is 1.7 MW.
• The pant is set up by Indian Railways along with Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL).
♦ Indian Railway constructing India’s first-ever Cable-Stayed Rail Bridge in J&K.
• The Anji Khad bridge, situated over Anji river, will connect Katra and Reasi, a part of Udhampur-Srinagar Baramulla railway link (USBRL).
♦ Delhi Police Became India’s 1st Security Force to Launch “Smart Card Arms License” and “Shastra Mobile Application”.
♦ Gaurav Khanna, Dronacharya Awardee and Head National Coach of the Indian Para-badminton team, in association with Ageas Federal Life Insurance, launched India’s 1st Para-Badminton Academy in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
♦ India’s and South Asia’s first Biosafety level-3 (BSL-3) containment mobile laboratory inaugurated in Nashik, Maharashtra.
♦ India’s 1st water taxi service started between Mumbai and Navi Mumbai in Maharashtra.
• The services will commence the Domestic Cruise Terminal (DCT) and will connect the nearby locations at Nerul, Belapur, Elephanta island and Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT).
♦ Aravalli Biodiversity Park in Gurugram, Haryana declared as India’s 1st ‘other effective area-based conservation measures’ (OECM) site.
•It was announced by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) on the occasion of World Wetlands Day i.e 2nd February, 2022.
• The OECM tag is given by the IUCN to areas that are not protected but support rich biodiversity.
• Aravallis is the oldest mountain ranges in India.
• It is considered as the green lungs of Delhi- National Capital Region (NCR), a crucial water recharge zone.
♦ India’s 1st geopark will be come up at Lamheta village, on the banks of the Narmada River in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh (MP).
•This geopark to be formed in MP is already in the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation(UNESCO) geo-heritage tentative list for the conservation of the natural heritage.
♦India’s first’ ‘electronic-waste eco-park’ policy 2022 approved by Delhi Cabinet.
• This e-waste park to be built on 20 acres of land.
• It will recycle, refurbish and dismantle nearly, 2 lakh tonnes of e-waste,which is thrown by Delhi every year.
♦ India’s first ‘Smart Managed EV (Electric Vehicle) Charging Station’ inaugrated in New Delhi.
♦ Four-time Indian Premier League (IPL) winners Chennai Super Kings (CSK) Becomes India’s 1st Sports Unicorn Enterprise, with a market of Rs 7,600 crores.
♦ Dabur India Ltd Becomes India’s 1st 100% Plastic Waste Neutral FMCG Company.
• FMCG – Fast-moving consumer goods.
♦ India’s 1st Quantum Key Distribution QKD Technology successfully tested by DRDO along with IIT Delhi.
• The Quantum Key Distribution (QKD) link tested between Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh (UP) and Vindhyachal, UP, a distance of more than 100 kilometres (km).
• It is developed by the Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (CAIR), Bengaluru, and Mumbai-based DRDO Young Scientists’ Laboratory– Quantum Technology (DYSL-QT).
India’s First in News 2021 (January – November)
♦ Noida International Airport (NIA) or Jewar Airport will be India’s first Zero Emission Airport.
• PM Modi laid the foundation stone of Noida International Airport (NIA) or Jewar Airport at Jewar, Uttar Pradesh (UP).
♦ Indian Oil Corp (IOC) will set up India’s first mega-scale Maleic Anhydride Plant at Panipat, Haryana with an outlay of Rs 3,681 crore.
♦ India’s first Virtual Science Lab for children under CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research) Jigyasa programme launched by Minister of State (MoS) Dr Jitendra Singh, Ministry of Science & Technology (MoST).
♦ Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) and Indian Railways have developed India’s first state of the art Pod Hotel (Pod concept retiring room), named ‘Urban Pod’ at Mumbai Central Railway station.
♦ India’s first ‘grass conservatory’ or ‘germplasm conservation centre’ with an area of 2 acres was inaugurated at Ranikhet in Almora district of Uttarakhand under the Central Government’s CAMPA (Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority) scheme.
♦ India’s first Food Museum launched in Thanjavur,Tamil Nadu by Union Minister Piyush Goyal.
• The 1,860 sq. ft food museum is co-developed by Food Corporation of India
(FCI) and Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museums, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
• Thanjavur is the cultural capital of Tamil Nadu.
♦ India’s first of its kind Whatsapp Chatbot launched by Food & Supplies Department of West Bengal.
• It will facilitate the citizens of West Bengal to apply for a ration card, lodge grievances and get access to other critical resources.
♦ India’s First Cyber Tehsil in augrated in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
• Narottam Mishra, Home Minister of Madhya Pradesh (MP) announced that the cabinet of MP has approved the proposal to create the cyber tehsils.
♦ India’s first Fisheries Business Incubation Centre launched in Gurugram, Haryana.
• Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying (FAHD) Parshottam Rupala launched the India’s first-of-its kind, dedicated business incubator known as LINAC-NCDC Fisheries Business Incubation Centre (LlFlC) in Gurugram, Haryana.
♦ Maharashtra is the India’s 1st State to Pass its Own Wildlife Action Plan 2021-30.
♦ India’s first Smartphone-based eVoting Solution developed by Telengana.
♦ India’s first Atal Community Innovation Center (ACIC) launched at Vivekananda Global University (VGU), Jaipur, JagatPura, Rajasthan.
♦ Department of Biotechnology (DBT) launched India’s first ‘One Health’ consortium to carry out surveillance of important bacterial, viral and parasitic infections of zoonotic as well as transboundary Pathogens.
• It was launched by Dr Renu Swarup, Secretary, Department of Biotechnology.
• It will consist of 27 organizations led by DBT-National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NIAB), Hyderabad (Telangana).
♦ India’s first State Government owned Wildlife DNA testing analysis laboratory inaugurated in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
• Inaugurated by Uddhav Balasaheb Thackeray, Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
• He also launched 3 FastTrack DNA testing units in Mumbai & Pune under the Nirbhaya scheme.
♦ India’s 1st Green Day Ahead Market (GDAM) launched by renewable Energy Minister R K Singh.
♦ India’s first vertical lift railway bridge to be completed by March 2022 announced by the Ministry of Railways.
• The construction work of the Pamban railway bridge in Mandapam will be completed by March 2022.
• The bridge will connect Rameswaram to the mainland in Tamil Nadu.
• Total length of the new bridge is 2.05 km.
• It will be India’s first vertical lift railway bridge over the sea.
♦ India’s first, World’s 3rd Ropeway Public Transport Proposed to be Constructed in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
♦ Global payments technology firm, Visa in partnership with Juspay launched India’s 1st Card-on-File tokenization (CoFT) services for e-commerce players such as Grofers, BigBasket, and MakeMyTrip.
♦ National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in collaboration with global partners launched India’s first and largest ‘Impact Bond for skilling in India.
♦ India’s first national Time Release Study was conducted by the Ministry of Finance
• The Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, as part of its strategic commitment to improve global trade, is conducting India’s first national Time Release Study (TRS) between 1st – 7th August.
• The TRS is an internationally recognized tool advocated by the World Customs Organization to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of international trade flows.
♦ India’s First Ecotoxicology Clinic was started in AIIMS, New Delhi
• The Ecotoxicology Clinic investigates the increasing cases of diseases resulting from exposure to environmental toxins contaminating water, food and air.
♦ India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier Vikrant is likely to be commissioned by 2021.
• The INS Vikrant is the first Indigenously developed Aircraft Carrier of India.
• It was constructed by the Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) for the Indian Navy.
• The name Vikrant means “courageous”.
• And the motto of the ship is “Jayema Saṁ Yudhi Spr̥dhaḥ”, which means “I defeat those who fight against me”.
♦ Bahadurpur and Kheri Viran these two villages of Uttar Pradesh are set to become India’s first ‘Model Sports Villages‘ (Adarsh Khel Gram).
• Under the ”Adarsh Khel Gram” program, Institute of Management Technology (IMT) in association with NGO ”Sports: A Way of Life”, will evolve sports culture and increase sports literacy in the twin villages.
♦ India’s first War Memorial for Animals will come up at the Remount and Veterinary Corps (RVC) Centre and College in Meerut
• This War Memorial is devoted to service animals, mostly dogs, but also horses and mules.
♦ India’s first green-rated cricket stadium Motera Stadium in Ahmedabad.
• The Motera cricket Stadium is now known as the Narendra Modi Stadium.
• It is the largest stadium in the world, with a seating capacity of 132,000 spectators.
• It hosted its first ever pink ball test match between India and England.
♦ India’s first ever conservation reserve for Blackbuck will come up in Meja Forest Division of Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
♦ India’s First Living Culinary Arts Museum was founded by Vikas Khanna.
♦ Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has set up India’s first COVID-19 dedicated hospital in Mumbai.
♦ India’s first native COVID-19 diagnostic test developed by virologist
Minal Dakhave Bhosale
♦ Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) in collaboration with ESIC medical college & hospital, Sanathnagar (Hyderabad) has developed India’s first COVID-19 sample collection mobile lab named “Mobile BSL-3 VRDL Lab”
♦ Cadila Healthcare Pharmaceutical company is set to make India’s first indigenously developed anti-SARS-Cov-2 human IgG ELISA test kit.
♦ India’s First COVID-19 Home Screening Test Kit Launched by Bione.
• Each kit costs 2000-3000 rupees.
• It can detect the presence of the virus within a minute.
♦ India’s first indigenous home-based coronavirus disease (Covid-19) rapid testing kit developed by Pune-based Mylab Discovery Solutions.
• The name of the kit is CoviSelf.
• Each kit costs 250 rupees.
• The CoviSelf kit can detect Corona virus within 15 minutes.
♦ Jim Corbett National Park is India’s first national park with quarantine facilities for animals.
• It is the India’s oldest National Park, located in the Paurhi Garhwal region of Uttarakhand.
♦ IIT Madras organized the India’s first Global Hyperloop Pod Competition to increase awareness about Hyperloop in India.
♦ Bhayandar station became the India’s first stainless steel foot over bridge by the end of 2020.
♦ Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare Dr. Harsh Vardhan launched India’s first mobile I-Lab (Infectious disease diagnostic lab) for COVID-19 testing for last mile testing access.
• It will be deployed in remote, interior and inaccessible parts of the country and have the capability to perform 25 COVID-19 RT-PCR tests/Day, 300 ELISA tests/day, additional tests for TB, HIV etc. as per CGHS rates.
♦ India’s first Coast Guard Academy will be established in Mangaluru, Karnataka.
♦ India’s first international women’s trade centre will be established Kerala.
♦ India’s first indigenous wireless physiological parameter monitoring system launched for the Covid 19 patients -COVID BEEP
♦ India’s first toy manufacturing cluster will come up in Koppal district’s Bhanapur village of Karnataka.
• The market for toys in India is estimated at $1 billion annually, but nearly 60% of it is met through imports,” said Aravind Melligeri, Chairman of Aequs Group.
Also see all the topics uunder National Affairs