The topic “Person Associated with Musical Instrument” is an important topic under Static GK and Arts & Culture. So here we prove the list of musical instruments and people associated with important MCQs.
List of Person Associated with Musical Instrument
|Sl. No||Person||Musical Instrument|
|2.||Ustad Alla Rakha Khan||Tabla and Pakhawaj|
|3.||Raghunath Prasanna||Flute and Shehnai|
|4.||Imrat Khan||Sitar and Surbahar|
|6.||Pandit Jnan Prakash Ghosh||Tabla and Harmonium|
|7.||Ustad Enayat Khan||Surbahar and Sitar|
|8.||Brij Bhushan Kabra||Guitar|
|9.||• Ustad Bismillah Khan|
• Ali Ahmad Hussein
• Krishna Ram Chaudhary
|10.||• Hari Prasad Chaurasia|
• Pannalal Ghosh
• T.R. Mahalingam
|11.||• Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma|
• Pandit Ulhas Bapat [Mumbai, Maharashtra]
• Pandit Tarun Bhattacharya
• Bhajan Sopori
• Abhay Sopori
• Rahul Sharma
|12.||• Zakir Hussein|
• Pandit Anokhelal Mishra
• Pandit Kishan Maharaj
• Ahmed Jan Thirakwa
• Ustad Sabir Khan
• Sandeep Das
|13.||• Allauddin Khan|
• Amjad Ali Khan
• Ali Akbar Khan
• Buddhadev Das Gupta
• Wajahat Khan
|14.||• Pandit Ravi Shankar|
• Vilayat Khan
• Budhaditya Mukherjee
• Shahid Parvez Khan
• Anushka Shankar
|15.||• Zia Mohiuddin Dagar|
• Bahauddin Dagar
• Asad Ali Khan
• Asit Kumar Banerjee
|16.||• Sundaram Balachander|
• Venkatesha Doraiswamy Iyengar
|17.||Pt. Gopal Krishan||Vichitra Veena|
|18.||Pandit Vishwa Mohan Bhat||Mohan Veena|
|19.||• Lalgudi Jayaraman|
• V.G Jog
• T.N Krishnan
• M.S. Gopalakrishnan
• L Subramaniam
• R.P Shastri
• Smt. N Rajam
|20.||• Thetakudi Hariharan Vinayakram|
• E.M. Subramaniam
• Suresh Vaidyanathan
|21.||• Palghat Mani Iyer|
• Pudukkottai Dakshinamurthy Pillai
• Umayalpuram K. Sivaraman
|22.||• Ustad Shakoor Khan|
• Ustad Sultan Khan
• Ustad Sabri Khan
• Pandit Ram Narayan
• Ramesh Mishra
Types of Musical Instruments
|Percussion Instruments||String Instruments||Wind Instruments|
Multiple Choice Questions on Person Associated with Musical Instruments
1. Which of the following is a wind instrument?
Notes :- Saxophone is a wind instrument. Whereas Sitar and mandolin both are String Instrument and Pakhawaj is a Percussion Instrument.
2. Alla Rakha Khan is famous for which Musical Instrument?
◘ Ustad Allarakha Qureshi popularly known as Alla Rakha.
◘ He was an Indian tabla player.
◘ Born on: 29 April 1919 [Ghagwal, Jammu and Kashmir, British India]
◘ Died on: 3 February 2000 (aged 80) [Mumbai, Maharashtra]
3. Which stringed instrument has 6 strings?
4. With which musical instrument is Zakir Hussein associated?
5. Arvind Parikh is associated with which musical instrument?
6. Hariprasad Chaurasia is associated with which musical
7. Ali Akbar Khan is famous for which Musical Instrument?
8. Amir Khusraw associated with the invention of which musical
9. Which of the following musical instruments is of Indian
10. Amjad Ali Khan is famous for which Musical Instrument?
11. M.S. Gopalakrishnan is associated with which Musical Instrument?
12 .Bismillah Khan is famous for which Musical Instrument?
• Original name of Bismillah Khan: Qamruddin Khan.
• Birth place: Dumraon, Bihar and Orissa province, British India
• Died on : August 21, 2006 [Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh]
• Major awards received by Bismillah Khan: Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri, Bharat Ratna and Padma Vibhushan
13. Pandit Ravi Shankar is associated with which Musical Instrument?
◘ Pandit ravi shankar bith name : Robindro Shaunkor Chowdhury
◘ Born : 7 April 1920 [Benares, Benares State, British Raj]
◘ Died: 11 December 2012 (aged 92) [San Diego, California, US]
◘ Instruments: Sitar
◘ Major awards received by Pandit ravi shankar:
• Bharat Ratna (1999)
• Padma Vibhushan (1981)
• Padma Bhushan (1967)
• Sangeet Natak Akademi Award (1962)
• Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowship (1975)
• Ramon Magsaysay Award (1992)
• Commander of the Legion of Honour of France (2000)
14. Hari Prasad Chaurasia is well known for which Musical Instrument?
15. Pudukkottai Dakshinamurthy Pillai associated with which musical instruments?
◘ Dhakshinamoorthy Pillai (1875–1936), was a leading mridangam and kanjira artist.
◘ He associated with Carnatic music.