On 30 December 2022, the Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the Joka-Taratala metro stretch of the Kolkata Metro Purple Line which improves connectivity across the metro city.
Joka Taratala Metro Station list
• The distance from Joka to Taratla is 6.5 km. There are a total of six stations on the route –
4. Behala Chowrasta
5. Behala Bazar
Joka Taratala Metro Route Map
Metro time from Joka
• From Monday to Friday only six metros depart from the Joka metro station:
• 10 AM
• 11 AM
• 12 PM
• 3 PM
• 4 PM
• 5 PM.
Metro time from Taratala
• Here too, six metros will run daily from Taratala Metro Station from Monday to Friday.
• 10:30 AM
• 11:30 AM
• 12:30 PM
• 3:30 PM
• 4:30 PM
• 5:30 PM.
Date of Commercial services?
• Metro authorities have informed that the metro service will be started for the common passengers from next Monday (January 2).
Time of Availability
• Joka-Tartala Metro service will be available from 10 AM to 5.30 PM. Currently, this service is not available at night.
Number of Trains
• Currently, only 12 metros will run daily from Joka to the Taratala line. Six metros will run in the up direction and six metros will run in the down direction. Metro is available every 1 hour from the terminal station.
PM Modi inaugurates the Joka-Taratala stretch of the Purple Line of the Kolkata Metro through video conferencing. West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee is present at the event.— ANI (@ANI) December 30, 2022
(Source: DD) pic.twitter.com/Q3wlmx7zFu
Joka-Taratala Metro Fare chart
• Minimum fare- Rs 5
• Maximu8m fare-RS 20
|Station||Joka||Thakurpukur||Sakher Bazar||Behala Choweasta||Behala Bazar||Taratala|
|Joka||0||Rs 5/-||Rs 10/-||Rs 10/-||Rs 20/-||Rs 20/-|
|Thakurpukur||Rs 5/-||0||Rs 5/-||Rs 10/-||Rs 10/-||Rs 20/-|
|Sakher Bazar||Rs 10/-||Rs 5/-||0||Rs 5/-||Rs 10/-||Rs 10/-|
|Behala Chowrasta||Rs 10/-||Rs 10/-||Rs 5/-||0||Rs 5/-||Rs 10/-|
|Behala Bazar||Rs 20/-||Rs 10/-||Rs 10/-||Rs 5/-||0||Rs 5/-|
|Taratala||Rs 20/-||Rs 20/-||Rs 10/-||Rs 10/-||Rs 5/-||0|
• Cost of the tourist smart card for traveling in this metro:
• Rs 250 (for 3 days)
• Rs 550 (for 5 days)
|Types of Tourist Smart Card||Cost of Smart Card (Rs.)||Security Deposit (refundable) (Rs.)||No. of rides permitted|
|Tourist Smart Card-I||250.00||60.00||Unlimited rides for 3 day|
|Tourist Smart Card-II||550.00||60.00||Unlimited rides for 5 days|
Moment of Joy for the ‘City of Joy’!— Ministry of Railways (@RailMinIndia) December 30, 2022
The much awaited Joka-Taratala Metro Stretch, Purple Line of Kolkata Metro has been inaugurated. This will drastically reduce the travel time in the highly congested area. #Purvodaya#RailInfra4WestBengal#NayiPatriNayiRaftaar pic.twitter.com/sroSoqiPeb
Features of Joka-Taratala Metro
• At each of the six noteworthy stations, there are:
• 4 lifts (capacity of 13 people each)
• 8 staircases
• 7 escalators.
• AFC gates (Automatic fare collection system)
• PA systems (Public Address Systems)
• ATVMs (Automatic Ticket Vending via Messaging Service)
Joka to BBD Bagh, metro project status
• The Joka-Taratla section is a part of Kolkata Metro’s Purple Line that stretches from Joka to Esplanade.
• Initially, it was decided in 2010-11 that a new metro line would be constructed between Joka to B.B.D. Bag, but later the route was shortened and planned to finish at Esplanade.
• Joka to Esplanade Metro Project: 3 phases in this line-
1. Joka to Majerhat (Trials underway)
2. Majerhat to Esplanade (Under construction)
3. Diamond Park to Joka (Planned)
Colours that will be used to identify metro corridors
Line 1: North-South metro corridor – Blueline
Line 2: East-West corridor-Green line
line 3: Joka-Esplanade metro corridor-Purple line
Line 4: Noapara extension- Airport-Yellow line
Line 5: Baranagar-Barrackpore metro corridor-Pink line
Line 6: New Garia-airport metro corridor-Orange line
Joka Metro Latest Web Stories
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Answer: Joka Taratala Metro will start passenger service on January 2, 2023.
Answer: 2025 (Tentative)
Answer: Total 6 Stations
4. Behala Chowrasta
5. Behala Bazar
Answer: Maximum fare- Rs/- 20 and Minimum fare- Rs/- 5