Acids, bases, and salts are fundamental concepts in chemistry, with widespread applications in chemical reactions and processes. Consequently, these concepts are extensively studied in Class 10, and are crucial for developing a strong foundation in chemistry.
To help students in their preparation, we have compiled a comprehensive MCQ series that covers all the NCERT Class 10 Chapter 2 topics related to acids, bases, and salts. These MCQs for Class 10 Science with Answers were designed in line with the latest exam pattern. By attempting these NCERT Class 10 Science Acids, Bases and Salts MCQ with Answers, students can evaluate their understanding and assess their level of preparation for exams.
▪ This Article Covered- Acids, Bases and Salts MCQ with Answers Part-1 ▪ Total Number of Questions: 50 Questions (5 Set*10) ▪ Topic: Acids, Bases and Salts ▪ Board: CBSE ▪ Chapter - Chapter 2 (Acid, Bases and Salts) ▪ Book - NCERT Class 10 Science
Acids, Bases and Salts Class 10 MCQ with Answers Set-1
1. Washing Soda Uses for which of the following purpose (s)?
A. used in glass, soap and paper industries
B. used as a cleaning agent for domestic purposes
C. Removing permanent hardness of water.
D. All of the above
Answer –D. All of the above
Explanation-Sodium Carbonate or Washing Soda is also used in the manufacture of sodium compounds such as borax.
2. Sodium Chloride used as one of the raw materials for manufacturing of which of the following compounds?
A. Washing Soda
B. Baking Soda
C. Bleaching Powder
Answer –B. Baking Soda
3. Tartaric acid found in which of the following fruits?
Answer –C. Tamarind
4. Our stomach produces which of the following acid?
A. Hydrochloric acid
B. Phosphoric acid
C. Oxalic acid
D. Carbonic acid
Answer –A. Hydrochloric acid
5. What is the pH of Acid rain water?
A. less than 7
B. Greater than 4
C. less than 5.6
Answer –C. less than 5.6
6. Limestone, chalk and marble are different forms of ………….?
A. Calcium Chloride
B. Calcium Nitrite
C. Calcium Carbonate
D. Calcium Hydroxide
Answer –C. Calcium Carbonate
7. Oxalic acid found in which of the following fruits?
Answer –B. Tomato
8. What happens when a solution of an acid is mixed with a solution of a base in a test tube?
1) Temperature of the solution decreases
2) Temperature of the solution increases
3) Temperature of the solution remains the same
4) Salt formation takes place
A. 1) and 2)
B. 1) and 3)
C. 2) only
D. 2) and 4)
Answer –D. 2) and 4)
9. Lactic Acid is present in_____?
Answer –C. Curd
10. When hydrogen chloride gas is prepared on a humid day, the gas is usually passed through the guard tube containing calcium chloride. The role of calcium chloride taken in the guard tube is to_____
A. absorb the evolved gas
B. moisten the gas
C. absorb moisture from the gas
D. absorb Cl– ions from the evolved gas
Answer –C. absorb moisture from the gas