India has a long coastline of over 7,500 km along with the Arabian Sea, the Bay of Bengal, and the Indian Ocean, which makes it an important center for maritime trade. There are many seaports in India that play a vital role in the country’s economic growth by facilitating international trade. Here we have compiled 50 MCQ Questions on Major Sea Ports of India.
If you come across any incorrect answers, please let us know by leaving a comment so that we can improve and provide more accurate information
Major Sea Ports in India MCQ Set-1
1. The Jawaharlal Nehru Port is located at: [(SSC CHSL 2014)]
Answer – C. Mumbai
2. Which of the following is the busiest International seaport in India? [(SSC CGL Tier-I 2016)]
Answer –A. Mumbai
3. Match the following Sea Ports [(SSC CPO Sub-Inspector 2009)]
2. Tamil Nadu
4. Andhra Pradesh
…..a b c d
A. 1 3 4 2
B. 4 3 2 1
C. 3 1 4 2
D. 2 4 1 3
Answer –C. 3 1 4 2
4. Which is the oldest among the major ports in India?
A. Chennai Port
B. Mumbai Port
C. Kolkata Port
D. Cochin Port
Answer –C. Kolkata Port
5. How many major ports are there in India currently?
Answer –C. 13
Explanation-• Port Blair was notified as a major port in 2010 but was removed from its status recently.
6. What is the name of the world’s largest ship graveyard?
A. Chattogram Ship Breaking Yard
B. Alang-Sosiya Ship Breaking Yard
C. Gadani Ship Breaking Yard
D. Darukhana Ship Breaking Yard
Answer –B. Alang-Sosiya Ship Breaking Yard (Gujarat)
7. What was the previous name of Jawaharlal Nehru Port (JNPT)?
A. Kandla Port
B. Chennai Port
C. Haldia Port
D. Nhava Sheva
Answer –D. Nhava Sheva
8. Which port in India has the largest hinterland?
A. Kolkata Port
B. Jawaharlal Nehru Port (JNPT)
C. Chennai Port
D. Mumbai Port
Answer –B. Jawaharlal Nehru Port (JNPT)
9. Which port in India has a free trade zone?
A. Cochin Port
B. Paradip Port
C. Kandla Port
D. Ennore Port
Answer –C. Kandla Port
10. Which port is the deepest in India?
A. Tuticorin Port
B. Kandla Port
C. Chennai Port
D. Gangavaram Port
Answer –D. Gangavaram Port (Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh)