Indian ambassadors to foreign countries: This article will give the list of Indian Ambassadors to Foreign Countries and all the latest updates about the Ambassadors. Names of persons representing Indian embassies abroad are important for general awareness of various competitive and government exams.
About High commissioners and Ambassadors
• High commissioners represent India’s diplomatic missions in member states of the Commonwealth of Nations
• Ambassadors represent diplomatic missions in other states except for the Commonwealth countries.
• The head of a diplomatic mission to an international organization is called a permanent representative.
Commonwealth of Nations
• The Commonwealth of Nations is a political association of 54 member states, almost all of which are former territories of the British Empire.
Recent News about Ambassadors to India and other countries
• the USA has appointed Eric Garcetti as its new ambassador to India.
• Ambassador Rabab Fatima, Permanent Representative of Bangladesh to the United Nations has been appointed as the Under Secretary General of the United Nations.
Recent News about Indian Ambassadors to Foreign Countries
• Vijay Shekhar Sharma has been made the ambassador of the Universal Acceptance Steering Group (UASG).
• Music Maestro, AR Rahman has been appointed as ambassador of the Indo-UK culture platform, Season of Culture.
• Sachin Tendulkar will continue as United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) ‘Goodwill Ambassador’ for a record 20th year, working for the welfare of underprivileged children.
• Ruchira Kamboj is the current Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations. She has previously served as the High Commissioner of India to South Africa. She was the first female Indian Ambassador to Bhutan.
Indian ambassadors and high commissioners to foreign countries (Appointed in 2022)
|SL.No||Country / Organisation||Person|
|3.||Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations.||Ruchira Kamboj|
|5.||Bangladesh||Pranay Kumar Verma|
|6.||United Kingdom||Vikram Doraiswami|
|8.||Kenya||Namgya C. Khampa|
Indian ambassadors and high commissioners to foreign countries (Appointed in 2021)
|2.||Belarus||Alok Ranjan Jha|
|6.||Egypt||Ajit Vinayak Gupte|
|7.||Fiji||P. S. Karthigeyan|
|12.||Liberia||Pradip Kumar Yadav|
|13.||Malaysia||B. Nagabhushana Reddy|
|16.||Poland||Nagma Mohammad Mallick|
|18.||Tanzania||Binaya Shrikanta Praadhaan|
|20.||First Muslim to be nominated by Joe Biden as the Ambassador-at-Large for International Religious Freedom||Rashad Hussain|
Indian ambassadors to foreign countries (Appointed in 2020)
|8.||Cambodia||Devyani Uttam Khobragade|
|10.||DR Congo||Ram Karan Verma|
|17.||Nepal||Vinay Mohan Kwarta|
|18.||Philippines||Shambhu S. Kumaran|
Ambassadors and high commissioners of India (Important Countries)
|2.||Japan||Sanjay Kumar Verma|
|3.||Israel||Sanjeeb Kumar Sringla|
|4.||USA||Taranjit Singh Sandhu|
|8.||Brazil||Suresh K. Reddy|
|10.||Indonesia||Manoj Kumar Bharti|
|15.||Russia||D.B. Venkatesh Varma|
|17.||South Africa||Jaideep Sarkar|
|18.||United Arab Emirates||Pavan Kapoor|
|19.||United Kingdom||Gaitri Issar Kumar|
Permanent representatives to International organizations
◘ Recent Updates
• The current Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations is Ruchira Kamboj, who took charge of the post on August 1, 2022.
|SL. No||Host organization||Location||Permanent Representatives|
|1.||United Nations||New York City||Ruchira Kamboj|
|2.||UNESCO||Paris||Vishal V. Sharma|
|3.||World Trade Organization||Geneva||Brajendra Navneet|
|4.||Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)||Jakarta||Jayant N. Khobragade|
|5.||African Union||Addis Ababa||Robert Shetkintong|
|6.||International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)||Vienna||Malina Paul|
|7.||Conference on Disarmament||Geneva||Shamim Aktar|
Other Related Topics
Click the “Print This Page Button”