Hello friends, Here is the list of the “longest railway platform in India 2022“. The longest railway platform in the world is now in India. Earlier, the Kharagpur railway platform was the 2nd longest platform in India, but recently it slipped 2 spots and ranked 4th.
• Indian Railway is the lifeline for the people of India. It covers each corner of the country and connects almost every city via the largest rail network.
• As of 31 December 2021, it is the 4th largest railway network in the world after the United States, Russia, and China.
• Railways of India has divided into 18 zones. The new railway zone of Indian Railways is the Southern Coast Railway Zone.
Longest Railway Platform in India, Top 5 List
|Rank||Station name||Length (metres)||State|
|1||Hubli Junction railway station||1,505||Karnataka|
|2||Gorakhpur Junction railway station||1,366||Uttar Pradesh|
|3||Kollam Junction railway station||1,180.5||Kerala|
|4||Kharagpur Railway Platform||1,072||West Bengal|
|5||Chennai Egmore Railway Station||925.22||Tamil Nadu|
Longest Railway Platform in India, (Infographic)
Key Points about Longest platform in India
Hubli Junction railway station
• Hubli Junction, officially known as Shree Siddharoodha Swamiji – Hubballi Junction.
• It is under the Hubli railway division of the South Western Railway zone (SWR) of Indian Railways situated in Hubli, Karnataka, India.
• As of March 2021, it is the longest railway platform in the world.
• The length of platform number 1 of Hubli Junction is 1,505 meters.
• It is the busiest railway station in Karnataka after Bengaluru city.
Gorakhpur Junction railway station
• Gorakhpur Junction railway station has the world’s second longest railway platform after Hubli Junction railway station.
• It serves as the headquarters of the North Eastern Railway.
• It connects Eastern Uttar Pradesh to Bihar, Nepal, and Northern India in Bihar.
Kollam Junction railway station
• It is the second-largest railway station in Kerala in terms of area and the largest in terms of the number of tracks.
• World’s third longest railway platform is situated at Kollam railway station
• It is operated by the Southern Railway zone of the Indian Railways and comes under the Thiruvananthapuram railway division.
Kharagpur Junction railway station
• Kharagpur Junction railway station is a railway station in the Kharagpur subdivision of Paschim Medinipur district in the Indian state of West Bengal.
• It is also the fourth longest railway station by platform length after Hubli Junction railway station, Gorakhpur Junction railway station, and Kollam Junction railway station.
Chennai Egmore Railway Station
• Chennai Egmore, formerly known as Madras Egmore. It is also known as Chennai Elumbur railway station.
• Currently, it is the 5th longest railway station in India located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
• Total length of the platform is 925 meters.
• The station was built in 1906-1908 as the terminus of the South Indian Railway Company.
• The station building is built in the Gothic style and is one of the main landmarks of Chennai.
Top 5 Longest Railway Platforms in India 2022 [Shorts]
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Answer: Hubli Junction railway station (As of March 2021)
Answer: Karnataka (Hubli Junction railway station)
Answer: Hubli Junction railway station in Karnataka
Answer: Kollam Junction Railway Station (Kerala)
Answer: No, Now the Kharagpur railway platform is the 4th longest railway platform in India after Hubli, Gorakhpur, and Kollam Junction railway stations.
Answer: Gorakhpur Junction railway station of Uttar Pradesh is the second longest railway platform in India.
Answer: Hubli Junction railway station of Karnataka
Answer: Hubli Junction railway station is the railway platform in Karnataka.
Also, see the Top 10 longest River in IndiaFor PDF, Print this page and save as a PDF
Click the “Print This Page Button”